Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
You’re right - was hoping he’d install a more professional culture behind the scenes but it just seems a continuation of the “jobs for the boys” attitude - the one that gives pennington and kenny long contracts, that continues to employ unsworth despite the utter failure of the academy and that hides its commercial and strategic incomptence behind the (admittedly excellent) everton in the community.

If the stadium wasn’t being built this regime would be in serious trouble.
tbh, Its not doing so well now...and a Norwich shaped potential banana skin to come.

He and us have been let down by these absolutely shocking managers and their terrible recruitment policy. We do need a massive clearout and the books need to be straightened. Whilst I couldn't comprehend the Benitez appointment - everything I've seen and heard snce he's arrived tells me he will sort this shambles out - but it won't happen overnight. If he's as succesful as I think he;s going to be then Moshiri can take a back seat and will get some reward from the gamble he has taken with us. I'm pretty optimistic for the first time in years.

Based on what Benitez will have this settled? I have a hard time believing you don't get optimistic after every appointment given this post...

The only reason we're not bankrupt is our sugardaddy. I'm sure every sugarbaby since the dawn of time has thought "daddy won't get bored of me, he'll love me forever, this ride will never end". The ride might have already ended for us, maybe it hasn't, who knows? Whether Moshiri/Usmanov is bored with us already or whether it is PL P&L rules that are holding us back only time will tell. However, if we continue to languish in mid-table, eventually Moshiri will decide enough is enough. He's made a pig's ear of the playing side of this football club (literally the only thing the average fan, including me cares about). Where is the evidence that will be resolved? In three years time we are likely to be a minimum of half a billion in debt, possibly more, at a time when TV revenues (our major revenue stream) are in decline. Our wages are 85% of our turnover, we've moved James out but are paying top dollar for Benitez and Rondon, a manager and player that nobody else wanted, we have learned zero lessons. I sincerely hope there is a big picture that Moshiri is seeing that nobody else is, but I've yet to see any evidence that that is the case. It gives me no pleasure to say this, but Moshiri is going to destroy this club.

When a wealthy owner invests that much money, time and effort, they're not going to dump and run. He's funding part of a new stadium himself, it's part of an egotistical legacy if you look at it from a personal level. Selling the club after it's all finished maybe the idea

It's a purely catastrophic way of looking at things from your POV especially when there's no alternative to how he's gone about being the owner. Fans have wanted a rich owner. We got one. Fans wanted money invested in the squad. He did that. Fans wanted a new stadium. He's done that.

Unless we should've held out for an Arab owner who has an endless pot of money so we didn't have to worry about real world finances. If that was the case, we'd still be under kenwright and probably in the championship.

Last edited:
When a wealthy owner invests that much money, time and effort, they're not going to dump and run. He's funding part of a new stadium himself, it's part of an egotistical legacy if you look at it from a personal level. Selling the club after it's all finished maybe the idea

It's a purely catastrophic way of looking at things from your POV especially when there's no alternative to how he's gone about being the owner. Fans have wanted a rich owner. We got one. Fans wanted money invested in the squad. He did that. Fans wanted a new stadium. He's done that.

Unless we should've held out for an Arab owner who has an endless pot of money so we didn't have to worry about real world finances. If that was the case, we'd still be under kenwright and probably in the championship.
I don't doubt Moshiri's initial intentions, nor do I dispute that he has chucked a ridiculous amount of money at the club, but he's just made a complete pig's ear of everything other than the stadium up to this point and I see no evidence that that is going to change. He won't mean to destroy this club, he'll do it by accident but he'll still be rich and won't be anywhere near as gutted as the average Evertonian. I pray that I am wrong but I am fearful nevertheless.

Moshiri Diane grave much say in the matter anyway, how people still can’t see this I’ll never know.

He and us have been let down by these absolutely shocking managers and their terrible recruitment policy. We do need a massive clearout and the books need to be straightened. Whilst I couldn't comprehend the Benitez appointment - everything I've seen and heard snce he's arrived tells me he will sort this shambles out - but it won't happen overnight. If he's as succesful as I think he;s going to be then Moshiri can take a back seat and will get some reward from the gamble he has taken with us. I'm pretty optimistic for the first time in years.

To be fair he brought them in.

Based on what Benitez will have this settled? I have a hard time believing you don't get optimistic after every appointment given this post...
I do get optimistic when we appoint a new manager. Doesn't usually take very long before this dissipates. I have a good feeling about Benitez though. He seems to work hard and knows what he wants. It's about time we had someone who will shake up the whole squad and reach effort and standards he appears to demand. I'm not convinced Moshiri is the reckless spendthrift he's made out to be. I imagine a DoF just gets the players that the manager wants. He may also be able to identify young talent off the managers radar. I don't believe Moshiri would sign a player himself unless the mahaber wanted him.

Moshiri blew it for Everton. That was our chance.

I hope (and expect) him to sell up and get out of the club when the stadium is built - and sell to owners who can financially compete.

I think it’s as much of a certainty as you could get that he’ll sell when the stadium is built. Hope we can get by until then.