Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Kroenke has massively outperformed Moshiri, Dildo brothers on a par.

lol

Arsenal are miles ahead of Everton as a club.

Dildo Brothers invest the bare minimum and took their club from a proper footba ground to that giant mess of an Olympic Stadium which their fanbase largely all hate in order to line their pockets.

Moshiri on the other hand has spent more money on BMD including financing a portion of it himself when it would have been cheaper to have moved to a different less glamorous site or even stayed at GP.

lol

Arsenal are miles ahead of Everton as a club.

Dildo Brothers invest the bare minimum and took their club from a proper footba ground to that giant mess of an Olympic Stadium which their fanbase largely all hate in order to line their pockets.

Moshiri on the other hand has spent more money on BMD including financing a portion of it himself when it would have been cheaper to have moved to a different less glamorous site or even stayed at GP.
The fact we are miles behind them is on Moshiri as well - he was brought in, in order to bridge the gap between us and the likes of Arsenal.

It’s on him to put structures in place to safeguard the clubs finances - I.e. hire the right people

Not one single owner has a 100% success rate in hiring.

Man Citys owners hired Mark Hughes

FSG were all over the place until they lucked out on Klopp

Your hero Stan the Man has hired a disaster of a DOF in Edu and cone layer Mikel Arteta as manager!! lol lol lol

Balls ups is in everton's dna. Not going to go away any time soon

Moshri needs to be his own man and get rid of kenwright and baxendale etc. Theyre all fluffy turds. We need people who understand and have the winning mentality to get us where we need to be

The people's club my arse. We need a revolution..... Anyone have a pitch fork spare

Not one single owner has a 100% success rate in hiring.

Man Citys owners hired Mark Hughes

FSG were all over the place until they lucked out on Klopp

Your hero Stan the Man has hired a disaster of a DOF in Edu and cone layer Mikel Arteta as manager!! lol lol lol
Not really sure you can criticise any other clubs DoF given the 2 clowns we have had in charge of recruitment

Not really sure you can criticise any other clubs DoF given the 2 clowns we have had in charge of recruitment

Im not though am I - Kev is gushing over a bloke who's done no better than Moshiri despite owning one of the big boys who can get away with little things such as FFP.

The grass always seems greener on the other side - ask Arsenal fans would they trade Kroenke for Usmanov/Moshiri and they would say yes in a heartbeat.

New £500+ million stadium being built

£400 million+ spent on players

Last two managers appointed Carlo Ancelotti & Rafael Benitez two of the most decorated managers in recent decades.

Not good enough for some though same as its not good enough to be 4th in the table right now apparently just because of who the manager is.

We have a section of fans who are simply ungrateful and have delusions of grandeur of where the club should be based on success decades ago.

Name me better owners in England outside of Mansour & Abramovich?

Leicester have decent owners but they also had luck in fluking a league win with Ranieri which boosted their profile/finances massively.

Outside of those three I wouldn't swap ours for anyone.

New shiny stadium on the docks and £400 million+ spent on players and some fans moan and demand more.

He aint perfect but be very careful what you wish for.

By the way, Leicester have the best pound for pound owners in the League (and probably country).

They have worked a model, which is buy low, sell high, all whilst remaining competitive and in profit.

Yes, they 100% fluked a league title, but since then, they've solidfied themselves as a competitive Premier League side, and the owners have committed to continuous improvement. Brand new state of the art training facilities, expansion of the stadium, backing of the manager.

They tried to slightly veer off their plan, when signing the likes of Slimani, but soon reverted. If i'm a youngster and Leicester come sniffing, i'm jumping aboard that train, because they do so much for their younger talent.

Chelsea and City's owners are an anomaly, a freak of nature, which won't be seen again in English football (sorry Newcastle lol )

Moshiri has made a catalogue of errors, but he's invested enough money to be afforded those errors. Most importantly, I think he's learned the hard way that we can't spend like drunken sailors and be sustainable, nor can we just sign a manager based on their name alone.

Im not though am I - Kev is gushing over a bloke who's done no better than Moshiri despite owning one of the big boys who can get away with little things such as FFP.

The grass always seems greener on the other side - ask Arsenal fans would they trade Kroenke for Usmanov/Moshiri and they would say yes in a heartbeat.

Last two managers appointed Carlo Ancelotti & Rafael Benitez two of the most decorated managers in recent decades.

Not good enough for some though same as its not good enough to be 4th in the table right now apparently just because of who the manager is.

We have a section of fans who are simply ungrateful and have delusions of grandeur of where the club should be based on success decades ago.
Not helped by kenwright who still gets off on a 66 fa cup win

There is a reason Usmanov/Moshiri never got control at Arsenal and it's because they hav'nt got a clue what they are doing as we have seen here at times. It's only ever been about the stadium, a large property deal to make money from, they're NOT football fans. You keep mentioning about the money spent on players, it's been done so with no structure and no plan whatsoever and with seemingly the manager/DoF/Owner all having some sort of input. It's bloody Football Manager levels of stuff and not the way a PL club should be doing things. As for Carlo and Benitez, well Ancelotti has been past it for years and was an awful appointment and was always going to be and whilst it's working for Benitez at the moment, the results are impressive I will agree but we are not great too watch at the moment and I'm interested to see these tactics up against a decent team as I think we will get tanked

I would defer any opinion really until at least March or even the end of the season.

There is a reason Usmanov/Moshiri never got control at Arsenal and it's because they hav'nt got a clue what they are doing as we have seen here at times. It's only ever been about the stadium, a large property deal to make money from, they're NOT football fans. You keep mentioning about the money spent on players, it's been done so with no structure and no plan whatsoever and with seemingly the manager/DoF/Owner all having some sort of input. It's bloody Football Manager levels of stuff and not the way a PL club should be doing things. As for Carlo and Benitez, well Ancelotti has been past it for years and was an awful appointment and was always going to be and whilst it's working for Benitez at the moment, the results are impressive I will agree but we are not great too watch at the moment and I'm interested to see these tactics up against a decent team as I think we will get tanked

So who comes in mate who is vastly better than Usmanov/Moshiri. I accept they have made mistakes but most owners do at some point or another - the biggest is keeping Kenwright around instead of appointing a top level Chairman/CEO but we dont know if Kenwright has any clause in the sale that kept him on certainly until BMD is built which was rumoured at the time of the deal and considering BK wouldn't let go of his trainset to anyone for over a decade that certainly is believable.

I want names of owners in the PL who you would swap ours for in a heart beat excluding Mansour/Abramovich who were pre FFP.

Leicester? I'll give you that

No other takers?

So we aint that bad off are we? Maybe ask Newcastle fans would they swap Moshiri for Ashley or West Ham or Southampton or Arsenal or pretty much anyone else who ain't exactly winning trophies and signing World class players for pennies.

Moshiri is definitely a football fan. Might not be a knowledgeable one but definitely a fan.

So who comes in mate who is vastly better than Usmanov/Moshiri. I accept they have made mistakes but most owners do at some point or another - the biggest is keeping Kenwright around instead of appointing a top level Chairman/CEO but we dont know if Kenwright has any clause in the sale that kept him on certainly until BMD is built which was rumoured at the time of the deal and considering BK wouldn't let go of his trainset to anyone for over a decade that certainly is believable.

I want names of owners in the PL who you would swap ours for in a heart beat excluding Mansour/Abramovich who were pre FFP.

Leicester? I'll give you that

No other takers?

So we aint that bad off are we? Maybe ask Newcastle fans would they swap Moshiri for Ashley or West Ham or Southampton or Arsenal or pretty much anyone else who ain't exactly winning trophies and signing World class players for pennies.
It's not about who comes in or who is better and tbh I am not knowledgeable enough about the financial world to know who all the billionaires in the world are. It's about you saying nobody is better. Moshiri is meant to be some sort of top accountant yet the clubs finances are utterly appalling, the stadium is not fully funded yet we have started building it and because of circumstances it's cost will end up possibly more than originally first thought.
I'm not going to argue with you mate, you like/rate Moshiri, I can't stand the bloke tbh I believe that after this length of time there should be signs of a plan and some sort of progress with the club and so far I'm seeing none.

It's not about who comes in or who is better and tbh I am not knowledgeable enough about the financial world to know who all the billionaires in the world are. It's about you saying nobody is better. Moshiri is meant to be some sort of top accountant yet the clubs finances are utterly appalling, the stadium is not fully funded yet we have started building it and because of circumstances it's cost will end up possibly more than originally first thought.
I'm not going to argue with you mate, you like/rate Moshiri, I can't stand the bloke tbh I believe that after this length of time there should be signs of a plan and some sort of progress with the club and so far I'm seeing none.

I can see the owners flaws but I dont think there is some mystical owner in the distance that will come in, invest the same sort of dough Moshiri has whilst making zero mistakes, being a knowledge footballing man and having us back in the promised land that some are praying for.

As Newcastle fans found out the days of Man City buyouts are over and not many owners out there will be buying into clubs after a pandemic to invest big money around trying to build us up.

Burnley were recently taken over and they have loaded the club with debt and barely spent a penny.

Our situation isn't perfect but like the manager there isn't many other options out there who would come in and change things for the better.

I think we'll be in a much better place in the coming years once the ground is built etc. The Koeman/Walsh era knocked us sideways for a few years and Brands added to that spending £115 million in one window on Kean, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph & Iwobi.

FFP stops us from being able to fix that overnight like it does with the likes of Utd who can waste £73 million on Sancho then go out and sign another top striker for £50+ million.