Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
I couldn't disagree more. It's not a cup competition where we hope for a kind draw. It's a league and competing without facing the better teams is totally devalued. By cleaner you mean easier
Do basketball champions feel their achievements devalued because the Harlem Globetrotters aren't in their league?

Caveat - I'm speaking from a position where my microscopic interest in plazzy US games ended 40 years ago

Do basketball champions feel their achievements devalued because the Harlem Globetrotters aren't in their league?

Caveat - I'm speaking from a position where my microscopic interest in plazzy US games ended 40 years ago
I think that's not quite the right analogy, because the NBA never had promotion/relegation. It's more like if the league decided that the Lakers and Knicks will always make the playoffs regardless of record, and rationalized it by saying it helps all teams because it increases TV ratings.

I think that's not quite the right analogy, because the NBA never had promotion/relegation. It's more like if the league decided that the Lakers and Knicks will always make the playoffs regardless of record, and rationalized it by saying it helps all teams because it increases TV ratings.
I cant get my head around not having promotion or relegation. All those games and only the two or three teams and fans near the very top have something to play for?

The ESL - which I wholeheartedly disagreed with - didn't call itself the super champions League. History had nothing to do with it.
True Andy...but it was intended to devalue and replace the Champions League. If the CL was just between Champions of each country, it would reduce the need to fight for 'top four' and even 'top seven' . THe current format isn't perfect, but it keeps more clubs(and supporters) interested during their domestic season.

I cant get my head around not having promotion or relegation. All those games and only the two or three teams and fans near the very top have something to play for?

Yup.

MLS have done a good job of keeping it interesting for the play-off system they have (a good chunk of teams from each division go into the paly-offs. With them being american they get away with it more but know the long-term aim for MLS is promotion and relegation.

Football needs it. A european super league where there are 5-10 divisions with promo and relegation could work, however it takes away teh specialness of big nights. The joy (unfortuantely we haven't had enough of them) is that you dont play real madrid every week, you play them once a year, or even once a decade and that night gets treasured.

Look at the Bayern Munich win at goodison. Imagine if we were palying them every season, would be a nothing night that.

You being serious? You cannot be that naive.

Everything you have stated is about him increasing the value of the asset. He’s an investor not a philanthropist. Does he get genuine joy from seeing Everton win? Yes. All these owners do. But these ain’t Jack Walker types with an emotional attachment to the club. It’s all financially driven. Moshiri was very recently at Arsenal, he went to Everton as wasn’t able to gain the foothold he wanted at Arsenal.

This “super” league guarantees an absolute fortune for the clubs involved. The thought that Moshiri would turn this down is hilarious.

There is nothing to be proud of Everton today, just as there is nothing to be disgusted by the six clubs in this proposed breakaway. It’s not about the clubs, this is owner driven. The owners are merely custodians (or they should be) who have become parasites.

My good man instead of wasting your time on here, pretending that you support Everton, why don't you focus all your energy on your schoolwork instead, and getting a very good grading in all your subjects. Would that not be a more constructive way to spend your time?;)