Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters

He’s drifted into the background now, but still of course exerts significant influence on the club with his backing. He’s letting Ancelloti and Brands just get on with things as any owner should.

Let's be honest, he has loaned money to our club and plenty of it, and few people know the terms of those loan agreements. He's a billionaire on paper and they don't become such by giving money away. They make their aasets sweat for them.
Check the notes to the accounts. Think you'll find that in transactions with related parties/loan capital note any interest rate would have to be declared to get a clean audit report. No interest declared, so none charged.
Only charge I remember regarding the loan were legal fees, but I may be wrong.

What will be be worth with a new stadium? What do you think a sensible debt to equity ratio for a football club should be?
Personally I dont think the club should be withoout partners on a project this size. We dont have the commercial firepower to cover the debt. Private and public partners should have been secured.

Inappropriate Language
Really don't understand some people's negativity towards Mosh. Without him, read a similar situation to West Ham or Newcastle and an inevitable battle to stay mid-table every year and away from relegation. Mistakes have been made, at times we have been humiliated...but he certainly has given us a much better chance than we used to have - not his fault successive managers have not lived up to their spend.

Nobody without a personal agenda other than seeing Everton aspire to the history and traditions of the club can say that bloke has not put his money where his mouth is. New stadium very close on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey - [Poor language removed] fans are desperately hoping it won't happen; players in the team that 5 years ago were a pipe dream; and a manager that has won everything who didn't come to Everton to make up the numbers. It's been painful at times but the club is changing and success getting closer. Some fans on this forum just seem to enjoy doom and gloom and can't bring themselves to give credit where it is due. I don't care about the mistakes now. Better that we have the financial backing to make them, than never have the opportunity at all. Liverpool did that for years and years chasing the title. Everton is becoming a fashionable club again - and the players and manager his money has supplied are making that happen whilst ensuring the media can't ignore us anymore.