Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
This is my only multi.

Why dont you give yourself a few weeks off moaning Frank? Just try and think positive for a week, see how much happier your life becomes when you dont worry about Everton being utter rubbish.

No amount of bedwetting in June will help.
Let's see how the window goes..

I appreciate where you are coming from Dave but cannot agree with you on BK. If it was just him there would never be a new stadium.

No we wouldn't however he's spot on otherwise.

We were hugely reliant on firstly the commonwealth games bid and secondly a cash boost from the council.

As far as I know funding is no where near being arranged still.

The main thing Moshiri has done for Everton fans, or at least for me, is take away the fear of transfer windows. Every summer, and to a lesser extent, every January, I'd be wondering which of our best players we were going to sell to raise funds simply to keep the club going. It pretty much destroyed any sense of optimism or excitement about the team progressing, even if we were playing well, because you knew it was inevitable. At the end of the season there was always a sense of resignation (and of panic, if we're honest) that we'd have to do extremely good business - again - just to maintain our position. And, worse, if we ever got it badly wrong it could ruin the club.

Things are different now. Yes, we've sold some of our best players under Moshiri, but we've bought good players too. We pay the going rate. We're not hamstrung anymore - we operate at the level you'd expect, rather than being outspent by newly promoted nobodies. Of course it'd be great if we had megabillions, but after 25 years as the financial misfit of the Premier League, isn't it nice to be normal?

The main thing Moshiri has done for Everton fans, or at least for me, is take away the fear of transfer windows. Every summer, and to a lesser extent, every January, I'd be wondering which of our best players we were going to sell to raise funds simply to keep the club going. It pretty much destroyed any sense of optimism or excitement about the team progressing, even if we were playing well, because you knew it was inevitable. At the end of the season there was always a sense of resignation (and of panic, if we're honest) that we'd have to do extremely good business - again - just to maintain our position. And, worse, if we ever got it badly wrong it could ruin the club.

Things are different now. Yes, we've sold some of our best players under Moshiri, but we've bought good players too. We pay the going rate. We're not hamstrung anymore - we operate at the level you'd expect, rather than being outspent by newly promoted nobodies. Of course it'd be great if we had megabillions, but after 25 years as the financial misfit of the Premier League, isn't it nice to be normal?

@GwladysBlue look and learn

nothing really changed has it though... all the clubs are cash rich from all the tv money and we are competing with 3 or 4 teams for 7th place at best.

until we see the board take our commercial side seriously , then we wont be competing for anything other than 7th/8th/9th

we need to rival the top 4/6 COMMERCIALLY before we can spend big big big money.

so even if Usmanov did announce himself we are still 10 years behind the likes of the RS , Chelsea, United and Arsenal... closer to spurs and city but still light years off them.

Moshiri has not changed a thing at board level .. apart from appointments from within. this tells me he is happy with how we are being run. which inturn tells us all he is happy not competing on the pitch.

Until you have planning approval how do you know your costs ? If you dont know your costs how do you know your borrowing requirements.
However at the same time all these consultations, architects etc cost money - why pursue it if you have no intention of seeing it through ?

I still think if we had any players the top 4/5 wanted they’d be gone. That’s just the way things are though.
We probably pay better wages and have a ‘project’ to keep the players wanting to be here.