Farhad Moshirì

24 Months On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

• Disappointed

Results are only viewable after voting.

radiostar

Player Valuation: £8m
Mourinho guarantees trophies. Legend of the game. I'd absolutely love him, can't understand the logic of those who say he's not right for us.

He would inevitably want assurances of transfer budgets and ambitions, which (in my mind) means that if he did come, it would really back up the rhetoric FM and co have been putting out there for the last couple of years.
True this. Mourinho demands ambition and a transfer budget to match.

Time for Moshiri to put his money where his mouth is and hire someone who will not accept mid table obscurity.

Would he do it? I doubt it. But let's see.

toffeejack

Player Valuation: £70m
It's what happens when you have top analytical scouting and the proper people at the top of the club with a business acumen.

No surprise that both English clubs still in the CL have both those attributes and have been punching above their weight the last 3-4 years.

The Manchester clubs just throw money hoping it sticks because they can do that because they are filthy rich, seems Moshiri followed the Manchester club way, the only problem is Moshiri and the club are not rich enough for modern day football.
You're seriously the saddest person on this forum. Let me guess, the £2bn the RS have spent since they last won the league doesn't count because its all about net spend.

SpongeBob brown shoes

Player Valuation: £20m
You're seriously the saddest person on this forum. Let me guess, the £2bn the RS have spent since they last won the league doesn't count because its all about net spend.
That's the thing if the RS win the league (sick in my mouth) it will be how they beat the oil rich club, completely ignoring the fact they've done nothing but spend money for the league for how many years

Kin gobshites

toffeejack

That's the thing if the RS win the league (sick in my mouth) it will be how they beat the oil rich club, completely ignoring the fact they've done nothing but spend money for the league for how many years

Kin gobshites
City have never broken a world record for a player in a position (unless maybe years and years back) whereas the RS broke the record in two consecutive windows for two positions.

Yet city are the money bags. Liverpool are buying £40m, £50m players to sit in their bench and do you know all I hear is "everton spent £100m last summer, £200m in the last two years".

Never hear a peep from the media over their spending, especially when it was horrific.

MarcelsGoat

Brands Only Signs Ballers
City have never broken a world record for a player in a position (unless maybe years and years back) whereas the RS broke the record in two consecutive windows for two positions.

Yet city are the money bags. Liverpool are buying £40m, £50m players to sit in their bench and do you know all I hear is "everton spent £100m last summer, £200m in the last two years".

Never hear a peep from the media over their spending, especially when it was horrific.
Dunno yano, City do seem to have spent a LOT of money.

city.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

Baileyjon

Banned
Banned

Until the RS signed Van Dijk the list of the most expensive defenders in the world was.

1. Laporte £57.2m
2. Walker £53m
3. Mendy £ 52m
5. Stones £47.5m

They also paid 30m+ for both Otamendi and Mangala.

Keepers before Alisson

2. Ederson £40m.

devlinadl

Player Valuation: £225k

Since Moshiri arrived, Everton has a higher net spend than Liverpool. The same is true is you start from the date Klopp arrived. Of course, that doesn’t include agent fees or salary, but it does explain what you hear in the press. Liverpool are trying the compete with City. Have you seen City’s bench? I don’t think anyone isn’t saying that Everton are really competing with City.

toffeejack

Since Moshiri arrived, Everton has a higher net spend than Liverpool. The same is true is you start from the date Klopp arrived. Of course, that doesn’t include agent fees or salary, but it does explain what you hear in the press. Liverpool are trying the compete with City. Have you seen City’s bench? I don’t think anyone isn’t saying that Everton are really competing with City.

Yeah, you've mentioned a few times our net spend is more than the RS. But that's only fees. I think it's not beyond the realms that they probably do a bit of lying on their sales based on massively inflated prices of players who have done very little like Coutinho, ibe, ward and solanke.

toffeejack

At the end of that day, the money spent on our two record transfers is the same as what the RS can spend on players to sit on the bench, like keita, Fabinho and oxlade-chsmberlain.

I was merely talking about comparisons between city and the RS, so no idea how we came into the equation here. Was just stating how we get used as an example for big spending, yet they never get talked about in those terms, despite decades of what we've done for just two years.

devlinadl

Player Valuation: £225k
Yeah, you've mentioned a few times our net spend is more than the RS. But that's only fees. I think it's not beyond the realms that they probably do a bit of lying on their sales based on massively inflated prices of players who have done very little like Coutinho, ibe, ward and solanke.
Net spend is imprecise because it doesn’t include agent fees and salary. Liverpool have spent about £70m in agent fees over two seasons. But I don’t get your point about inflated prices for players? Are you saying that the prices in the press are inaccurate? If you think they are just too high, well that’s the market, and applies to players bought as well as sold.

Baileyjon

Banned
Banned
Not doubting they aren't, just making the point they've never broken a position record,unlike them.
Who do you think was the most expensive defender in the World before the other lot signed Van Dijk. It was Laporte, guess who was the most expensive defender in the World before City signed Laporte. It was John stones. City have twice broken the record for the most expensive defender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.