Farhad Moshirì

24 Months On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

• Disappointed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Player Valuation: £70m
to be fair he's put the money in he has just got his appointments painfully wrong ( managerial wise and steve walsh )

also re the stadium if he pulls this off it will in my opinion be one of the best things to ever happen to this club, something if which billy was still in control wouldn't happen in a million years
Well of course not as he didn't have the money that Moshiri has. I would have hoped that he would not have mortgaged the clubs future on a ground move which has been proven time and time again is not a quick fix to all of a sudden become an all conquering side.

Papa Shango

Oh how we long for the halcyon days of Kenwright. No singings for three years, being lied to about Goodison's safety accreditation and "I'm bored of your question" at general meetings.

Morshiri has got a fair bit wrong since he came in but he is a thousand fold improvement on what we had before.

Huge player investment and a stadium on the docks. These were fantasies 10 years ago.

The spending wasn't very well allocated but that's not his fault and the stadium isn't there yet but until it gets the bullet, you can't dismiss it.
It ultimately is his fault as he employed the people who wasted the money...

Tez

Player Valuation: £8m
It ultimately is his fault as he employed the people who wasted the money...
No it isn't. He can't micro-manage his managers and directors of football. He brought them in under honest pretense and they failed so he sacked them and replaced them.

Koeman had just gotten Southampton 7th and Leicester had just won the league. They were bad moves but you can't place their lunacy at Moshiri's door.

4737carlin

No it isn't. He can't micro-manage his managers and directors of football. He brought them in under honest pretense and they failed so he sacked them and replaced them.

Koeman had just gotten Southampton 7th and Leicester had just won the league. They were bad moves but you can't place their lunacy at Moshiri's door.
Can see your point, but he also has to sack Silva, but will he? I'm worried he won't.

Papa Shango

Yeah you can, it's his job to get it right. Not saying we should be hating him or anything but bad appointments are his fault.

As for Koeman and Walsh he would have been better off looking at the rest of their careers instead of just going with what happened the season before. he should also know if a pairing will be able to work together well.

trueblue84

Can see your point, but he also has to sack Silva, but will he? I'm worried he won't.
I don't think he can. Apart from the financial implications, serious questions would be asked about his competence if he showed he has made another bad decision. I agree with the previous post around not being responsible for a manager failing, but when 3 or 4 fail it must go back to the owners poor judgement.

4737carlin

I don't think he can. Apart from the financial implications, serious questions would be asked about his competence if he showed he has made another bad decision. I agree with the previous post around not being responsible for a manager failing, but when 3 or 4 fail it must go back to the owners poor judgement.
Can see your point, but who does he have to answer the questions to?
For me our play this season has already shown he has made a bad dicision, how he deals with it will be interesting

Benedict

Player Valuation: £750k

He kept making bad decisions since then though, Unsworth being made a fall guy, appointing Alardyce giving him money to waste on crap even knowing he was sacking him then appointing another nomark, he's gonna sink this club.

GwladysBlue

Three of our neighbours in: Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool found out their Champions League quarterfinal opponents today. It’s just so sad the state this club is in.

Moshiri should be out there searching of people at the top of their profession to join the board and get this club moving in the right direction, instead he has kept on failures like Kenwright and Woods, whilst promoting people to positions beyond what their employment history deserves in DBB.

Just goes from failure to failure, does Moshiri.

ForeverBlue92

Three of our neighbours in: Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool found out their Champions League quarterfinal opponents today. It’s just so sad the state this club is in.

Moshiri should be out there searching of people at the top of their profession to join the board and get this club moving in the right direction, instead he has kept on failures like Kenwright and Woods, whilst promoting people to positions beyond what their employment history deserves in DBB.

Just goes from failure to failure, does Moshiri.
Its a sad indictment of where the club is at present. No other club in England is in our situation of having our neighbours dominating at present and 2 clubs just down the road regular league title winners.

I've said it for a while now Moshiri only cares for BMD - when he came in it was all talk of getting in a block buster manager, monopoly money and competing at the top.

Now its gambles on midtable managers, expected losses and relegation battles.

The whole things a disgrace and if I had my way fans would be staying away from the ground in protest at whats been served up these past few seasons.

If Moshiri had any self respect he would sack Silva at the seasons end and get in a good manager and make it be known that the current situation is not acceptable for this club.

Denise talking about challenging for the title lollollollollollol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.