Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
As happens in some businesses, come June Silva must, in effect reapply for his own job. He must be able to show just why (and not just hard luck stories and excuses) it is that he is the man for next season, if not, then out he goes.

Q) Though if Brands did have a big say in Silva, where does this leave him .
A) One more go at it, before he has to go through the same job reapply exercise

I love the fact we have Big Dunc on the coaching staff. Too many foreigners is not the Everton way. Us Evertonians don’t trust folk that don’t start a day with a nice greasy full English breakfast. Big Dunc ‘gets us’...he bleeds blue and is an absolute legend up there with Dixie.
To progress we need more old fashioned blood and thunder type ex Blues....legends like Hibbo, Ossie and Capt Jags (when he concludes his soon to be announced 3 yr contract extension).
...And with Blue Bill at our helm I can see great things going forward.

The elite players do not want to come to a mid-table club. Money is not a issue; they want silverware! It will take time. Everton , for a while at least, will have to be content with less than elite players and players with potential. That is why I think our most valuable signing is Brands. He will allow Moshiri to invest his money wisely.

He is our only way up.

Agree with this 100%. Only glimmer of hope for me right now. Seems he'll be a person who'll appreciate value for money.

He might have a lot of money, but we are going backwards. Priorities all wrong! Reminds me of Brexit!

Im sorry how were his priorities all wrong?

I mean he paid the debts, then he gave us money to sign players, so im curious to how you think he should have done?

Im not disputing that we have gone backwards, nor am I disputing that we wasted a shedload of dough,

I understood that Brands was pivotal in recommending and recruiting Silva.

That’s the problem I have with a DOF, it seems they trust Brands whole heartedly to put him on the board but if Silva fails will he then become accountable or just ignore it and hire another and so on.

Im sorry how were his priorities all wrong?

I mean he paid the debts, then he gave us money to sign players, so im curious to how you think he should have done?

Im not disputing that we have gone backwards, nor am I disputing that we wasted a shedload of dough,
Appointed the WRONG people!

That’s the problem I have with a DOF, it seems they trust Brands whole heartedly to put him on the board but if Silva fails will he then become accountable or just ignore it and hire another and so on.
Probably would do the second thing if he could get away with it, but OTOH there's something to be said for nailing your colours to the mast, backing someone serious and let them get on with it. Brands will own the success or failure of our squad in the short to medium term and that seems crystal clear. Our previous regimes never really had that figure outside of the manager and Bill, sort of a committee of back room staff which can lead to dodged responsibilties / back-heeling. I mean Steve Walsh turned out to be a car-crash of an appointment but even if we'd signed quality, instead of mince, he didn't seem like the person to occupy a sort of leadership role at the club and unequivocally take responsibility.

So his judgement was wrong, not disputing that either, in hindsight.

At the time we all thought he made the correct appointments tho, well most us did anyway.

the complete mis management of this club under his stewardship is coming home to roost right now.

we have a team in a relegation run of form, which is desperate for new players , but we can not sign anyone as we have a dozen players on contracts that no other club would even consider matching, leaving us dead in the water for 2 or 3 years...

we are being forced to sell players that clubs would be interested in, our better players at that. (gana if to be believed)

this is all down to Moshiri and his inept decisions and the huge contracts hes signed off.

not even mentioning the managers hes selected, sacked and paid off.

the club is more of a joke now, than anytime under kenwright

Brands wasn't in anyway involved with recruiting Silva, when we went for him at first Brands was still working at PSV. He didn't officially start working for us until June 1st, Silva was confirmed as our manager in the May, Silva was %100 the call of Moshiri.

Whilst I dont doubt your time line, I would be astonished if Moshiri and Brands didnt discuss what manager Brands would have working for him.

Ergo, he was on board with the appointment.

Hope so anyrate.