Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
The past three years with Moshiri in charge in a nutshell:

• spends and wastes the club's own generated cash (unprecedented player sales + massive tv revenue increases amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds) on hiring clueless coaches and DoFs who have then gone on to waste the vast majority of said hundreds of millions of pounds on utter dross
  • adds uninspiring figures to the board
  • oversees the club's status plummeting to a low not seen since Johnson was the owner
  • initiates a stadium scheme that lurches from one unmet deadline to another and which shows little prospect of getting off the ground
  • buys up club debt that leaves him in total command of the club
I see no way forward under him. He's proven to be a massively wasteful and disruptive influence on the club. His takeover has been a complete failure if takeover's are (correctly) judged on the boost they give to a football club. We've regressed in his time here, not progressed.

I just can't understand why more people don't see this.

He's great at looking after his own business interests mind.

I'd like to see a breakdown to show how much of his actual money he's spend on EFC and how much of it is money the club has generated.

Megaton refuses to see any fault in the current Everton.

I actually envy him in a way.

First of all tag me if you're gonna mention me

Second of all I don't think everything is sunflowers and rainbows, everything has been a mixture of occasional goodness with a lot of grimness but I just don't let things consume my every being like you and most on here, too many more important matters to be concerned with. I watch the game once (or twice if we have a midweek game) a week, I get a buzz if we win, fume if we lose, shrug if we draw and then within a couple hours I'm over it and focus on other things

This 250 is inclusive of funds to purchase shares?
Yes...and the buying of debt that will be converted to shares.

The money spent on players fees/wages is from player sales and tv revenue - two areas that have seen a massive windfall while Moshiri has been here.

Yes...and the buying of debt that will be converted to shares.

The money spent on players fees/wages is from player sales and tv revenue - two areas that have seen a massive windfall while Moshiri has been here.

This isn't quite true. Moshiri has lent the club £250m. There is no realistic likelihood that th emoney will be repaid, so the club's accounts treat it as if it had been converted to shares rather than as debt. Part of this money was used to repay the club's existing debt of (IIRC) £57m. However, since then, the club has borrowed a further £75m from banks. The total net investment since Moshiri arrived is £268m, £250m from Moshiri and £18m in increased bank debt. This is in addition to the money Moshiri spent buying shares.

I like him but like I said he's starting to look a bit randy Lerner, comes in throws money about initially, promises the world and then when we don't suddenly become world beaters he takes away the cheque book and tells us to fend for ourselves.

Some of the football decisions he's made have been bizarre aswell, the only one he's probably got right is marcel brands

but IF Brands okayd Marco Silva like some are suggesting then I even worry about him ..

im hoping Moshiri forced silva on him. as it was defo his pick

I was thinking the same but would've said Ellis Short. I hope Brands turns out to be a good appointment and that he will be the main decision maker on managerial appointments in future.

at the AGM it was revealed that Kenwright is back in the fold making big decisions too.