Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
lol as opposed to then?

If he was world class would Utd really have sold him to us.

World class is being the best in his position in the world which is why I had to slightly modify what I said about Rom.

Plus Lukaku was a better signing. All the goals and made us a fortune. Do you people still not accept how good he was for us even now.

Possibly the stupidest way of judging if someone is world class I've seen for a while. If you use that theory there are only 11 world class players in world football, the rest are just good?

Ok it was the round of 16. How far did Koeman get us?

Andrei Kanchelskis was not world class. Good player but seriously. Lukaku may or may not be but in a few years probably will.

And his away form was great. I'm not surprised our home record was poor when the crowd still boo when we are 3-0 up.

Still better than Moyes and any comparison to Koeman is laughable.

Hi mate.

I think the popular concesus is that you are completely and utterly wrong about Kanchelskis not being world class.

I invite you to respectfully retract this post x

Was he really so bad with his free scoring football, two semi finals, 1 European QF, record points total in the premiership and a 5th and two 11th place finishes.

Oh and he also attracted our first world class player in the premiership era.

I guess since we threw away a few leads because of a toxic crowd then it was definitely his fault and he was an awful manager. I think others are to blame. The same morons that want to bring in Allardyce, not just to save us but secretly because they want to watch that style of football.

Its all linked this. The running of the football club in general, the idea that we support or abandon the managers and young players, the line management of the manager - i.e. if others are to blame for the team's performance, is it really just the manager who should go, or should the CEO also be held responsible?

I don't understand, with both Martinez and Koeman, why there is nobody above them trying to motivate, convince, change, encourage, manage the manager to run the team better. Dont the managers have a boss who tells them feedback or is it just boom or bust and nothing in between.

I would also love to have seen RM given a bit more time, because now it looks like his 5th place finish and Koeman's 7th place were like the combination of Moyes/Martinez styles and Martinez / Koeman styles - i.e. attacking and solidity. Why can't Martinez, or whoever you call the best hope as manager, be convinced, coached, supported with other coaches, into making the team better? If you say Martinez was attacking and crap on defence and weak tactically, why not convince him to bring on an excellent coach on the team, and replace Denis Lawrence and Graeme whathisname? and also if Big Dunc is not really a great coach we should be honest about that too - if he is, fine, but if he's there just for sentimental reasons we have to be careful too, because tactics have been to blame in both the 11th place finishes and this season, and Big Dunc, Elstone and Kenwright ahve been there for all of those seasons - what do they have to answer?

in short, we need a football strategy from above, which is planned by the club and executed by the manager, not one which is dependent on each different manager that comes in.

Its all linked this. The running of the football club in general, the idea that we support or abandon the managers and young players, the line management of the manager - i.e. if others are to blame for the team's performance, is it really just the manager who should go, or should the CEO also be held responsible?

I don't understand, with both Martinez and Koeman, why there is nobody above them trying to motivate, convince, change, encourage, manage the manager to run the team better. Dont the managers have a boss who tells them feedback or is it just boom or bust and nothing in between.

I would also love to have seen RM given a bit more time, because now it looks like his 5th place finish and Koeman's 7th place were like the combination of Moyes/Martinez styles and Martinez / Koeman styles - i.e. attacking and solidity. Why can't Martinez, or whoever you call the best hope as manager, be convinced, coached, supported with other coaches, into making the team better? If you say Martinez was attacking and crap on defence and weak tactically, why not convince him to bring on an excellent coach on the team, and replace Denis Lawrence and Graeme whathisname? and also if Big Dunc is not really a great coach we should be honest about that too - if he is, fine, but if he's there just for sentimental reasons we have to be careful too, because tactics have been to blame in both the 11th place finishes and this season, and Big Dunc, Elstone and Kenwright ahve been there for all of those seasons - what do they have to answer?

in short, we need a football strategy from above, which is planned by the club and executed by the manager, not one which is dependent on each different manager that comes in.

It's almost like we need someone to direct the football.