Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Couple things...the facelift doesn't count in FRP calculations, which is good for us.

Second of all, any idea if we have to recognize part of the transfer fee in if an option is agreed to? Any idea if we can set up the fee to be in the subsequent fiscal year?

And player amortization shouldn't be any more than it was before, it's not like we bought a TON of players. Regardless, if we are selling anyone, any current year amortization is in essence cancelled out by any transfer fees. I. The case of McCarthy, he's on his second deal, so it's all profit for FFP calculations if I read the regulation appropriately.

I think total interest was a bit over $5M, so if Farhad really liquidated the debt, that expense won't continue. I added that to the one time charges for Martinez and crew to get to that 16-17M figure.
Facelift may be partially capitalised and partially ground maintenance and expensed as such, so is the expensed part "infrastructure" under terms of FFP.
Given my workings for amortisation and I'll stand by them. We spent money, and in a full year, Bolasie, Williams and Schneiderlin would increase amortisation by over 12 mil. Add in Lookman, Gana and Calvert Lewin for about 5.3 mil more based on 5 year deals.
Any deduction from amortisation on players actually sold is probably no more than 3 mil as Stones/Oviedo/Gibson were fairly low cost players.
Niasse and the extra 2 mil I've already explained.
If an option to buy is given for non-refundable consideration, then it will be recognised in the accounts when the option is signed similar to loan fees.
The debt - EFC themselves forecast that they will owe 22.5mil to RMF, so interest charges won't be expunged, but reduced.
If you are correct about McCarthy, the same would be true of Stones/Oviedo/Gibson and every player who signed an improved contract would be pure profit - can't see this being the case.
There is a huge difference between profit and transfer fee as you are doubtless aware.

*don't worry, I always sound like a cock so don't take it personally

Edit. The sale of players is recognised in the financial year it takes place, so Cleverley et al will be in 2018 accounts assuming they occur.

Last edited:
I actually like that we now have a very competitive squad without having overspent.
If we can get a few top class players in this Summer whilst keeping the squad we have together we could be a real threat to the top next season.
All this whilst hopefully pushing on with the stadium.

Things are far better now than 12 months ago.
And it's easy to forget we should get Bolasie back sometime in the autumn at 100%. Easy to forget now since we've done all this without him, so to speak, but there were times he looked very good for us this year - he'll kind of be like a new signing when he comes back.

And it's easy to forget we should get Bolasie back sometime in the autumn at 100%. Easy to forget now since we've done all this without him, so to speak, but there were times he looked very good for us this year - he'll kind of be like a new signing when he comes back.
He's finished mate. Best to take whatever we can get for him when he's fit. He was rubbish before he got injured, Lord knows how bad he'll be once he's lost a yard of pace when he's back.

I agree....Bolasie is very easy to forget :blush:

IMO our horrible form in the autumn was in no small measure due to trying to make him the lynchpin of the team.

Suffice it to say he has not been missed at all.

I agree....Bolasie is very easy to forget :blush:

IMO our horrible form in the autumn was in no small measure due to trying to make him the lynchpin of the team.

Suffice it to say he has not been missed at all.

I don't think we did bad cause of bolasie, but because the team relied too much on him and he was the one who had to create everything by himself. If he came back to the team 100% fit now I think he would do very well. He has bags of skill .

I don't think we did bad cause of bolasie, but because the team relied too much on him and he was the one who had to create everything by himself. If he came back to the team 100% fit now I think he would do very well. He has bags of skill .

Which is the point I was making.

Koeman made him the lynchpin and he is not a good enough player to perform that role.

He started every game and was rarely, if ever, substituted no matter how anonymous he was in the game.

If he was magically fit in the morning I doubt he would be the automatic starter he bacame and would be used more off the bench as a squad player and as a rotation option.....which IMO is his true level.

I just feel the club in general has moved on since early December and by the time he is fit again another transfer window, maybe two, will have seen the squad improved further and Bolasie will fall down the pecking order.

Koeman made him the lynchpin and he is not a good enough player to perform that role.

He started every game and was rarely, if ever, substituted no matter how anonymous he was in the game.

If he was magically fit in the morning I doubt he would be the automatic starter he bacame and would be used more off the bench as a squad player and as a rotation option.....which IMO is his true level.

I just feel the club in general has moved on since early December and by the time he is fit again another transfer window, maybe two, will have seen the squad improved further and Bolasie will fall down the pecking order.

I see no problem in that either.

man City threw tons down the toilet on bog average to players to try and find the right blend to kick them on.

We appear to have found ours under our own noses in the academy.

Bolasie if he recovers, would be a brilliant wildcard substitute in a tight game.

So it sounds like he was pretty far from rubbish then.

So you agree with me.