Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately EFC accounts year end and final basis of FFP are 31 May, so any profit on disposal of the players you mention fall into May 18 accounts. Only Martinez and his team buyout appears in the last accounts, so the deal for Koeman falls in the 17 accounts.
Whilst the players going on loan saves wages and may have generated loan fees, their amortisation continues, which in the case of Niasse alone is 3m per year, increase of about 2m from 16 accounts.
Also ignored is the amortisation on the players brought in, so annualised, allow 5m for Bolasie, at least 3m for Williams, about 2m for Gueye or about 7.5 mil
Schneiderlin about 350k per month, so about 1.5 mil by May, Lookman about 0.5 mil.
Deduct about 6 mil for the profit on Oviedo Baby and Sicknote.
Brief synopsis, amortisation up by 11.5, compensation RM down by about the same, RK compo 6 (ish) mil, offset by player sales in Jan, so the only increase in the bottom line will be the profit on the sale of Stones, for accounting/FFP purposes probably 37 mil, and the decrease in interest paid to RMF/Pru and income from new commercial activity,so 40mil ish better bottom line than last year as the decrease in ticket prices also impact this year.

*I lead an incredibly sad life looking at this shizzle. Non-vaultable due to medication

I understood some of those words.

to March 2017 fin yr:

176mio op revenue
140mio op (and other) expense
47mio player sales profit (Stones ex Barnsley20%, Oviedo, Gibbo)
33mio amortisation of assets.

50mio profit min

Cash flow...after retiring interest bearing debt, receiving 80mio from Moshiri, having a net zero working capital movement on moneys due vs those rec'd, Bobby's 10mio pay out, I calculate (based on 50mio profit) a 10 mio bank balance at the end of March (ie positive 13mio cash flow) and net debt of 70mio(and the debt's quasi-equity)

whatever, EFC will be reporting a big profit.

to March 2017 fin yr:

176mio op revenue
140mio op (and other) expense
47mio player sales profit (Stones ex Barnsley20%, Oviedo, Gibbo)
33mio amortisation of assets.

50mio profit min

Cash flow...after retiring interest bearing debt, receiving 80mio from Moshiri, having a net zero working capital movement on moneys due vs those rec'd, Bobby's 10mio pay out, I calculate (based on 50mio profit) a 10 mio bank balance at the end of March (ie positive 13mio cash flow) and net debt of 70mio(and the debt's quasi-equity)

whatever, EFC will be reporting a big profit.
Hope you're right, but think the profit on sales of players is overstated by about 5 mil as the cost less amortisation for Stones et al must be somewhere in that region bearing in mind all 3 have had new contracts capitalised.
If by net debt you mean Barclays+RMF+BHHL, the graphic for projection of debt at the GM gave a net debt position of c 95 mil.
Thing is, no matter which way you look at it, any profit is driven by player sales at this point in time.
Also need to factor in the cost of exploratory work on a new ground which may be capitalised, and is the cost of GP facelift all capital or could some of it be deemed to be repairs and renewals?
As I say, hope you're right, but I'm more conservative.

*edit.
There will be interest charges in both 17 and 18 accounts albeit reduced, and May 17 accounts will only include about 4 months USM/Sure money, and 9 months Football manager/Avon Tyres money.

Even if we're not spending the levels of money that some thought we might we're in a much, much better position than we were under the old regime. It's scary to think what situation we'd be in now if Moshiri hadn't got involved when he did.

I actually like that we now have a very competitive squad without having overspent.
If we can get a few top class players in this Summer whilst keeping the squad we have together we could be a real threat to the top next season.
All this whilst hopefully pushing on with the stadium.

Things are far better now than 12 months ago.

Hope you're right, but think the profit on sales of players is overstated by about 5 mil as the cost less amortisation for Stones et al must be somewhere in that region bearing in mind all 3 have had new contracts capitalised.
If by net debt you mean Barclays+RMF+BHHL, the graphic for projection of debt at the GM gave a net debt position of c 95 mil.
Thing is, no matter which way you look at it, any profit is driven by player sales at this point in time.
Also need to factor in the cost of exploratory work on a new ground which may be capitalised, and is the cost of GP facelift all capital or could some of it be deemed to be repairs and renewals?
As I say, hope you're right, but I'm more conservative.

*edit.
There will be interest charges in both 17 and 18 accounts albeit reduced, and May 17 accounts will only include about 4 months USM/Sure money, and 9 months Football manager/Avon Tyres money.
Couple things...the facelift doesn't count in FRP calculations, which is good for us.

Second of all, any idea if we have to recognize part of the transfer fee in if an option is agreed to? Any idea if we can set up the fee to be in the subsequent fiscal year?

And player amortization shouldn't be any more than it was before, it's not like we bought a TON of players. Regardless, if we are selling anyone, any current year amortization is in essence cancelled out by any transfer fees. I. The case of McCarthy, he's on his second deal, so it's all profit for FFP calculations if I read the regulation appropriately.

I think total interest was a bit over $5M, so if Farhad really liquidated the debt, that expense won't continue. I added that to the one time charges for Martinez and crew to get to that 16-17M figure.

I actually like that we now have a very competitive squad without having overspent.
If we can get a few top class players in this Summer whilst keeping the squad we have together we could be a real threat to the top next season.
All this whilst hopefully pushing on with the stadium.

Things are far better now than 12 months ago.
They are, but we will hopefully need a bigger squad to compete in Europe and actually try to compete in the league and FA cups.