Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Moyes prevented the decline under Kenwright from manifesting on the pitch, but we declined for sure. We used to be one of 'the big five' instead of the also rans we are today. Commercially we are a joke.

We were relegation candidates before he took over and the club shop looked like something you would find in the Eastern Bloc before the wall came down. We have not been one of the big five since the 80s.

Who appointed Moyes and who stuck by him when we had a shockingly bad season?

I don't understand the hate, the money was there in the summer and his staff buggered it up, hardly his fault. The new ground will have people sceptical due too previous false dawns but overall, how can you rate Moshiri either way just yet.

EDIT: I see the accounts are published, I guess he was telling the truth then.

Already put more money into our club than anyone else in the past 30 years.

Thanks Moshiri.

This looks to be true and yet people doubted him and laid into him with not a jot of foundation. The conspiracy theorists on here just like stirring the pot and want everyone to join in so they feel at ease not moaning on there own.

Still cannot believe the crap he has taken.

When he eventually ownes the club, does that mean he will have bought us and cleared the debts, all for less than he sold his Arsenal shares (around £200 mill)?

Moyes prevented the decline under Kenwright from manifesting on the pitch, but we declined for sure. We used to be one of 'the big five' instead of the also rans we are today. Commercially we are a joke.

Insofar as there was ever a "big five" we had dropped out if it long before Bill took over.....the decline throughout the 90s, under Peter Johnson's auspices was what done for us.

The owners of our club stood on the platform as the EPL/Sky gravy train pulled out the station......we have never recovered that lost ground.

And I shudder to think what would have happened if Bill had not begged, stole and borrowed to buy Johnson out because no else was interested in meeting his price.

No sir, Bill may not have been successful in putting us back in the big time but this club was in a far better place the day he sold it to Moshiri than it was the day he bought it from Johnson.

You can go back further than Johnson.

Poor recruitment after winning the league in 1987
Playing catch up in 1988 and a big spending spree not really proving successful
Missing out on Dean Saunders after selling Sharp thinking we'd got him
Never replacing Stevens, Ratcliffe, Reid, Steven, Sheedy......
Not signing Dion Dublin
Appointing Mike Walker

All before Johnson.

In my opinion we were pretty much goosed in terms of being at the top from about 1992

Not signing Dion Dublin
Appointing Mike Walker

All before Johnson.

In my opinion we were pretty much goosed in terms of being at the top from about 1992

All true, all those who think the clubs decline was Kenwrights fault simply have no knowledge of what was going on at Everton before him or had no interest in football at the time, As @Khalekan says, we were out of the big 5 long before Bill.
Kenright gets the blame because of the popularity of the internet now, because Peter Johnson wasn't a blue and there wasn't much of a platform for debate back then he gets a free ride.

Not signing Dion Dublin
Appointing Mike Walker

All before Johnson.

This. At the time, he would have been perfect for us.