Farewell Goodison Park. A mother, a servant, a guardian, a beloved home.

rylojr

Player Valuation: £8m
The realisation that Goodison is gonna vanish forever in just over a year is really taking grip now.

What a beautiful home and guardian she has been.

Attending to Everton in her ramshackle structure, surrounded by the instantly familiar terraced streets has been the fabric of our lives.

It's all anyone reading this has ever seen Everton play in. Very sobering that we're going to the flashy new UFO 🛸.

Can forum members share what we love (and perhaps hate) about our beloved historic stadium?

For example..

Love: the CLAK-CLAK-CLAK-CLAK-CLAK noise of the seating as people rise when there's a chance on at the Gwladys street end.

Hate: The arseholes who should really know better, who flip on the young bar staff during halftime about serving times for ale and pies, given we have a limited workforce and tiny tea bars.

The realisation that Goodison is gonna vanish forever in just over a year is really taking grip now.

What a beautiful home and guardian she has been.

Attending to Everton in her ramshackle structure, surrounded by the instantly familiar terraced streets has been the fabric of our lives.

It's all anyone reading this has ever seen Everton play in. Very sobering that we're going to the flashy new UFO 🛸.

Can forum members share what we love (and perhaps hate) about our beloved historic stadium?

For example..

Love: the CLAK-CLAK-CLAK-CLAK-CLAK noise of the seating as people rise when there's a chance on at the Gwladys street end.

Hate: The arseholes who should really know better, who flip on the young bar staff during halftime about serving times for ale and pies, given we have a limited workforce and tiny tea bars.
Love : The sense of belonging and complete unity. Going through them turnstiles are the most natural thing in the world for me.

Hate : The Boo'ers.

Chances are Goodison will remain for a couple of years at least after we move. Had it been situated in a prime bit of London the bulldozers would be in the car park during the last game ready to go to work straight afterwards. I might be wrong but I just don't see that happening especially now DBB has been ejected and our financial state.

Apartments, Houses shops

I would expect this but apparently theres no real land value to build there.

I thought the plan was for some sort of Everton in the community facility, amongst other things.

Yeah I remember this mentioned in the past. Was thinking, i wonder if there could be something football related there for young kids.

Seems a nice thought to still have games played on site.

Chances are Goodison will remain for a couple of years at least after we move. Had it been situated in a prime bit of London the bulldozers would be in the car park during the last game ready to go to work straight afterwards. I might be wrong but I just don't see that happening especially now DBB has been ejected and our financial state.
I just hope it does not end of as United’s home whilst they redevelop