[Fans View] Five-Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Author: Wolfgang

Well thats it, the bubble has burst hasnt it. A nap that Davies and McBride would combine.

Dont get me wrong, we could still take lift the fourth placed goblet" (copyright Sky) but most Blues have wrote us off. And with good cause too, we always seem to spew it as the last minute. I thought this gypsy type curse was put to bed a couple of years ago with the fourth placed finish. Villareal predictably brought me back down to earth, further compounded by the Red Dogs of Romania. The only momento that season was Cahill being in the SkySports "time is now" thing they play either side of the commercials. Did anyone really get behind that Beattie England push when he started netting though?

You know things are bad and the annual anti Brock moment has happened, when the "I told you so" melts pinpoint selling McFadden as a backfired gamble. We're left with Yakubu alone tomorrow until Johnson and Anichebe gets fit and Vaughan gets knee v3 glued back on. 4-4-2, its back en vogue people. Im all for it, partly because we looked good when snotting Fiorentina, although Im missing the sparkle of Eurosoccer from my weekly thoughts and also because it reduces the chances of Phil Neville playing in midfield. Just like pineapple on pizza, a few can digest it but he just isnt right there.

Deal with West Ham tomorrow and we do into a Sunday full of cringeworthy build up from Sky next week. The Merseyside Showdown. The chance exists for one of our players to become a prefix to the word derby and be talked about for beards.

And what happened to playing on Good Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.