Homepage Update: FANS EMAIL: An Open Letter to Richard Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh O'Collins

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Josh O'Collins submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

FANS EMAIL: An Open Letter to Richard Kenyon
goodison-1024x461.jpg

As Big Sam completed yet another smug presser in which he singled out another person for blame in relation to increasing pressure due to poor performances, I chose to voice my support to the target of our manager's abuse; this time it was Richard Kenyon, Director of Marketing and Communications.

I penned an open letter to our D.o.M., sent to his Everton FC email address;

Hi Richard

Like most fans who will be contacting you at the moment, I just want to echo my support as a fan to your work and the work of others at the club.

The point of the survey, which has been sensationalised by Media and fans alike, is a good idea as it was last season. Our difficult times this year should not have restricted such a survey being carried out again. Moreover, it is more important now than ever.

I like every blues fan am deeply concerned at the direction we’re heading in as a club. As I’m not a season ticket holder, (I live in Kent), I can’t take part in the survey, so I’d like to make it clear that I feel the club should be looking to restructure the undeniably flawed coaching and development system as soon as possible.

I don’t want to merely slander our current manager, as most fans writing to you will no doubt be justly doing. But I must share my disgust at his behaviour towards the likes of yourself, the medical staff, playing staff, fans and others at the club.

Shifting blame onto the shoulders of others has never been something I can sympathise with, especially not when you are representing the club in such a position of power. To slander you today, the Medical/PR department regarding Sigurdsson’s injury, the players after woeful performances for not carrying out his flawed tactics... It’s nauseating to see this cyclical series of excuses and blame shifting, and it’s not acceptable.

I’m sure you have your own views about this, and today will no doubt have been another stressful day for you in what has been a dire season for us all. I just hope that the club can see how he is behaving, not just to the fans (which has been contemptuous), but to club officials like yourself.

I will reiterate, I feel the club needs a whole restructure not only in order to improve results, but to rebuild a fractious, almost hopeless relationship between the fans and their beloved club.

Press speculation for once echos fan’s hopes and optimism in terms of new names mentioned for the roles of Manager and DoF. I hope the fans are being listened to, and I hope honest and hardworking individuals like yourself will prosper long term ahead of the likes of our current Manager.

Many Thanks and Warm Regards

Josh O’Collins

I forgot about him moaning at the PR/Medical department over Sigurdsson...
I didn’t even know he had a whinge at them. Our once great club is a mess right now. There was a time, even though we weren’t top of the range, that you could still be proud of them.
Now I just feel contempt.

Uh oh , we've gone down the open letter route

Fair play though @Josh O'Collins it is well written
Ha, cheers Orly. Desperate times call for desperate measures..! Wasn't an open letter at first but thought i'd share afterwards. When there's a bully at the top support needs to grow #COYB

I forgot about him moaning at the PR/Medical department over Sigurdsson...

Must have missed this, what was said?
When it was announced Sigurdsson would be out for 8-10 weeks (i.e. around the end of the season). he slated the medical/PR staff for putting that number out. Said he wanted him back sooner and every case is different etc...

Fast forward to now and that figure looks to be completely accurate, meaning he undermined his staff for no reason...

Wanting to keep a players injury details private is common sense. All players recover at different times, he may need longer. It at least keeps other teams guessing..

Sam's done OK, but his comments and style of football aren't suitable for Everton. The problem is, why was he even necessary?

Oh yeah, Martinez, Koeman and Walsh, under whom our loss of team work ethic, organisation and now ability started. Sam's bought the only two players ( barring the young lads, Pickford and Coleman) whom I want to see next season. The only players leaving with respect are Jags, Baines and Rooney.

Complete the job in the summer without the old boys club in the boardroom and we have a chance.

Wanting to keep a players injury details private is common sense. All players recover at different times, he may need longer. It at least keeps other teams guessing..

Sam's done OK, but his comments and style of football aren't suitable for Everton. The problem is, why was he even necessary?

Oh yeah, Martinez, Koeman and Walsh, under whom our loss of team work ethic, organisation and now ability started. Sam's bought the only two players ( barring the young lads, Pickford and Coleman) whom I want to see next season. The only players leaving with respect are Jags, Baines and Rooney.

Complete the job in the summer without the old boys club in the boardroom and we have a chance.
Umm might be an idea and have a Sunday nap...

Umm might be an idea and have a Sunday nap...

Hah - maybe.

But he took us from 18th to 8th, and Walcott and Tosun have been fine. He has given game time to Davies, Keane, Baningame. Ok shoulda played Holgate and Lookman more.. but he's basically stopped the rot and whilst I'm not advocating he stay on, the squad is better than he found it and the league position too.

Sigs was coming good and got injured with whom we may've got closer to Burnley, too.

Any time he opens his trap I shudder, but to be honest, half this forum never wanted him and the letter above is as cringeworthy as half Sam's comments. The more we chop n change the longer BK and the useless cronies running the gaff will stay.

I'm praying the next appointment is solid and performs as it'll give Mosh the confidence to axe the old boy rot holding the club back from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.