Homepage Article Fan Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a point.

The same fans crying over everything are the ones in the summer acting like Geordies with the " Brands take what he wants " shouts and " We should be top before we play City "

We have acted like self entitled brats thinking we will be boss.

Now we seem deluded , especially when talking about that lot across the park. Just look in that thread in world football, they are average according to our fans. VAR is helping them to win the league ( Before the season started it was going to stop them being top 4 ) The media , refs and media are conspiring to get them to win. The latest one is that they are on magic drugs which stops the players getting injured.

We used to laugh at RAWK with its wild conspiracy stories about United and why they kept winning, we are the new RAWK.
giphy.gif

Having watched lots of premier league games on TV over the last 3-4 years, I think I can honestly say Goodison is probably the quietest stadium in the league (with the etihad being our closest rival for the soulless silence award). The only time there is any sort of noise is after we score, and a couple of everton, everton, everton refrains. Our stadium is not hostile, despite fans being very close to the pitch. I don't know why pundits like gary Neville and Carragher still come off with the c*ap that goodison is a very difficult and hostile stadium for teams to come and play at. Fans at so called 'smaller' teams like palace, wolves, Leicester, Norwich, brighton really put our supporters to shame. There is always a constant buzz around these and most other prem league stadiums. Goodison sounds like an empty church for lengthy spells of games.

even when we are winning you can hear a pin drop around goodison most of the time. our fans need to make more noise, whether it's encouraging the team on or squealing at them for playing c*ap. Just make some noise rather than the ambivalence and apathy which is has been enveloping goodison over the last 3-4 years.

Having watched lots of premier league games on TV over the last 3-4 years, I think I can honestly say Goodison is probably the quietest stadium in the league (with the etihad being our closest rival for the soulless silence award). The only time there is any sort of noise is after we score, and a couple of everton, everton, everton refrains. Our stadium is not hostile, despite fans being very close to the pitch. I don't know why pundits like gary Neville and Carragher still come off with the c*ap that goodison is a very difficult and hostile stadium for teams to come and play at. Fans at so called 'smaller' teams like palace, wolves, Leicester, Norwich, brighton really put our supporters to shame. There is always a constant buzz around these and most other prem league stadiums. Goodison sounds like an empty church for lengthy spells of games.

even when we are winning you can hear a pin drop around goodison most of the time. our fans need to make more noise, whether it's encouraging the team on or squealing at them for playing c*ap. Just make some noise rather than the ambivalence and apathy which is has been enveloping goodison over the last 3-4 years.
You do realize the mics are pointed at the away fans, right?

It’s my generations Dad’s generation that are to blame, so if your in your late 40’s/50’s/60’s now I mean YOU

Giving it all “typical Everton we’re always so unlucky” bla bla when all yous growing up was thinking we were gonna every week an a trophy every other year

Look what you’ve done, inferiority complex in this club and fan base top to bottom

the fans haven't disappointed

we turn up everyweek regardless of how turd we are, every single week

we do our job, it's time for the players to do theirs

This is what’s wrong with our fans.

This isn’t the right mentality. We go every game home and away and we’re always outsung. We sit in silence and then some absolute weapons even clap the team off against Burnley.

Yes, we travel in numbers, but our away support is garbage. Our fans should be going mental at our striker coming off at 65 mins 1-0 down, instead it’s a shrug of the shoulders.

The players should hear us backing them from the stand.

It’s their job to motivate us, but clapping them off after Burnley? lol

This is what’s wrong with our fans.

This isn’t the right mentality. We go every game home and away and we’re always outsung. We sit in silence and then some absolute weapons even clap the team off against Burnley.

Yes, we travel in numbers, but our away support is garbage. Our fans should be going mental at our striker coming off at 65 mins 1-0 down, instead it’s a shrug of the shoulders.

The players should hear us backing them from the stand.

It’s their job to motivate us, but clapping them off after Burnley? lol

It's their job to win games and entertain us, it's hard to clap and sing when they aren't doing that.

They are a disgrace the players and they dont deserve to be sang about. If I could I'd go around to each players house and just boo dead loud through the letterbox

In agreement with clapping them off at Burnley though, no idea what the fans where playing at doing that if they did

The only thing I agree with in the article is that yes the ground can give the players an extra edge when it’s at its best, but when it’s not like that, it is not the fans fault, it could simply be that the game is a bit dull and we are waiting for that spark from the players, after all they are the sportsmen competing and should be fired up anyway to win, that in turn will get a reaction from the crowd.

If you're scared of fan reaction then you haven't got an ounce of competitive spirit and are not focused on your 'kin job...which would explain a lot.

It's not us against you, you spineless wonders...blaming fans is a protection game. All the fans are doing is letting you know you're getting your arse handed to you...man up; compete.

There are 2 types of atmosphere at Goodison, one for the majority of games which you rightly say is one of, if not the quietest in the league. Then there are the bigger games where the bigger sides come, like United and Liverpool which they both played for. They're obviously going to think that Goodison was hostile to come to. Neville got sent off for kicking a ball in to the crowd as he couldn't handle the nature of the atmosphere when they were losing.

I always find it interesting that players of lesser clubs still comment on the atmosphere even when the away fans have outsung us for the whole game and the atmosphere has been dead. It's because the fans are so close to the pitch unlike at other grounds. And is why when things aren't going well, the negativity can spread to the players as they can hear the groans and comments.

But despite that, whilst we could improve our atmosphere against the lesser sides, it's not down to the fans to get the players going, to put in good performances and to get wins. That should be an additional helping hand they get, not the main factor. The players and manager are the ones who are to blame for our situation and they are the ones who need to get us out of this mess. It doesn't look like Silva will be able to do it.

it's quiet when we aren't playing well like, but when we are playing well I think it's sound ( and obviously the odd games its a belter )

just don't get the whole the atmosphere affects us bollox though, we have amazing vocal away fans so why is our away form absolutely terrible then?

Good point. Never thought of this.

I only get to the game about 4 times a season and the atmosphere can be frustrating as hell. I really want to get into it but I’m on my own if I get too vocal...and I don’t wanna be THAT guy.

Thing is because I’m only there a few times a season I build up a lot of enthusiasm. I guess if I was watching shocking performances every other week then the novelty would wear thin and I’d probably be fed up like the rest.

Saying that: in the late 90’s when I had a season tickets I seem to remember the atmosphere being consistently better. Perhaps I’m just romanticising the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.