Fan Campaign (27/NSNOW thread is locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNJ1878

Player Valuation: £40m
Anybody know if these groups are still making plans for what is probably coming down the track?

Now MSP appears to have fallen through, why no word from Everton? What's the status of the interim appointments who were only there to steady us through the transition period?

The marches, as good as they were have been largely ineffective. Less than 5% (and that's being generous) of match going Evertonians get involved. Pints and Chippy is more important to many. That's fine by the way, each to their own.

The ONLY surefire way to get press attention is delay a kick off. Particularly if it's a televised game. I have long since suggested a load of tennis balls on the pitch is very effective. I see it happened yesterday at Southend. It happened at Bolton a few years ago and I think it happened at an Ireland game.

"Can't do that. It's illegal."

Absolutely nothing with happen. Don't forget, it's to delay the game, not disrupt the game. Man Utd fans got the biggest domestic game cancelled altogether. NOTHING happened.

Let them tennis balls rain down from all 4 stands when the siren starts. It will take 3 to 5 mins to clear the pitch. The vast majority are already in their seats, a fair few of them with a bellyfull of ale.

That's 3 to 5 mins of the cameras rolling for those inside the ground to get the message accross in a very vocal manner for the watching cameras and the press already in their seats.

"it might distract the players!"

They're hardly lighting up the league with no distractions, are they? How much worse can it be on the pitch?

Last edited:
Anybody know if these groups are still making plans for what is probably coming down the track?

Now MSP appears to have fallen through, why no word from Everton? What's the status of the interim appointments who were only there to steady us through the transition period?

The marches, as good as they were have been largely ineffective. Less than 5% (and that's being generous) of match going Evertonians get involved. Pints and Chippy is more important to many. That's fine by the way, each to their own.

The ONLY surefire way to get press attention is delay a kick off. Particularly if it's a televised game. I have long since suggested a load of tennis balls on the pitch is very effective. I see it happened yesterday at Southend. It happened at Bolton a few years ago and I think it happened at an Ireland game.

Absolutely nothing with happen. Don't forget, it's to delay the game, not disrupt the game. Man Utd fans got the biggest domestic game cancelled altogether. NOTHING happened.

Let them tennis balls rain down from all 4 stands when the siren starts. It will take 3 to 5 mins to clear the pitch. The vast majority are already in their seats, a fair few of them with a bellyfull of ale.

That's 3 to 5 mins of the cameras rolling for those inside the ground to get the message accross in a very vocal manner for the watching cameras and the press already in their seats.

They're hardly lighting up the league with no distractions, are they? How much worse can it be on the pitch?
People are happy to sit there and do nothing, especially the match going fans even though they pay

Delaying the kick off only brings negative attention on the fans, a much more effective protest would be simply to not go the match for a game, an empty stadium is obviously very visible to the media etc.

A delay is a disruption though, ask the people stuck in their cars when the just stop oil people glue themselves to the road. Doing anything illegal just gives the board reason NOT to listen.

Delaying the kick off only brings negative attention on the fans, a much more effective protest would be simply to not go the match for a game, an empty stadium is obviously very visible to the media etc.
Yeah, but as has already been established, people won't stay away.

Over 90% of our fans have pre-paid. They're not going to give up 30+ quid to make a point.
A delay is a disruption though, ask the people stuck in their cars when the just stop oil people glue themselves to the road. Doing anything illegal just gives the board reason NOT to listen.
They don't listen now, so ramp it up.

Yeah, but as has already been established, people won't stay away.

Over 90% of our fans have pre-paid. They're not going to give up 30+ quid to make a point.

If it was a televised game I’m sure they would, and surely a televised game would be one of the best ones to pick.

I would hesitate to draw that conclusion, based on the evidence you provided. None of the matches you cited are Prem fixtures, and there's a lot more ad revenue at stake that would be preempted in an Everton broadcast window. As for a fixture cancellation, the only people who get hurt are matchday fans, and those clubs are selling the ground out anyway. There's always more where a few miffed ones came from. People still watch the rescheduled fixture. Sky and the rest still get their coin, and United still gets their gate and concessions.

The board's spin machine will play this off as the actions of a small minority of disgruntled hooligan nutters. I agree with the 'ramp it up' thesis. I don't agree with the proposed method.

If it was a televised game I’m sure they would, and surely a televised game would be one of the best ones to pick.
If you could organise it for a 2pm KO on a Sunday when there's a 4pm game scheduled for tv also it would be quite the feat. A handful of tennis balls/programs every five minutes would push the game out and thus affect both broadcasts. I'd suggest trying it with fivers, but we don't want confirmation that our players can run really fast when adequately motivated...

They would absolutely murder us in the press and you know it. Utd get a sympathy vote for being media darlings. They darent turn on the fans as they make up the majority of sky subscribers etc. It's talked about in regard to the glazers taking hundreds of millions out of the club for years. The narrative here would be vicious Everton fans turn on owner for trying to buy a successful team and build a stadium.

Also I would suggest this would just help us get backed further into a corner where we are continually forced to turn to shadier sources of loans and investment. Big successful institutions do not like being associated with dumpster fires and anyone looking on with all the negative press will probably go nah you're alright I'll pass this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.