Fabio Cannavaro - yes or no

Would you like Fabio Cannavaro to be the next Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what seperates a great manager from a bad one. Some have a stroke of luck, find a formula. AncellottI a supposed alchemist didn’t have us playing champagne football at the end of his tenure. I don’t like people just jumping to conclusions based on what? I’ve never watched a team play football under his stewardship so how the can the hell can I have an opinion? People making assumptions based purely on stats and where someone’s managed. I know this much. Based purely on his playing career his football knowledge is much better than the most of the experts posting on here.

His mettle hasn't been tested in a top league yet. Our owner thinks an untested manager can get us out of the mire we're in, in one of the toughest leagues in Europe? It's just bonkers. Truly bonkers. It could work, but the fact that his possible appointment is such a huge gamble tells you all you need to know about our owner. He lives in a fantasy world.
Let’s get Fat Sam in. He’s safe and he knows the league. That’s why we will remain mediocre at best.

Have to hope some smidgeon of sanity can prevail.

If we lose tomorrow we are closer to some bizarre appointment.

Pinning my hopes on Duncan to help avoid some nightmare like this.
I said in another thread we should give him the job till summer and end all this madness but I don’t like all this rubbish slating Cannavaro when no one really knows what he’s like if the truth be known. Imagine if went forward 18years and gave the manager of Preston North End the job. As I said all that glitters isn’t necessarily gold. The same applies the other way. I’m just praying for a win tomorrow and I’ll be shouting my heart out for mighty blues and the big man.

Let’s get Fat Sam in. He’s safe and he knows the league. That’s why we will remain mediocre at best.
No-one is mentioning fat sam here except you. I'm wondering why a such a decorated player such as cannavaro hasn't been given an opportunity at a top club before. I have reservations that our club is the one rolling the dice on him. It just looks like a huge gamble considering where we are at the minute. If we stay up we can kick on from there and get the right people and structures in place. Maybe then we can make a more measured decision and weigh up the pros and cons of someone like cannavaro.

No-one is mentioning fat sam here except you. I'm wondering why a such a decorated player such as cannavaro hasn't been given an opportunity at a top club before. I have reservations that our club is the one rolling the dice on him. It just looks like a huge gamble considering where we are at the minute. If we stay up we can kick on from there and get the right people and structures in place. Maybe then we can make a more measured decision and weigh up the pros and cons of someone like cannavaro.
I agree with you we need as much time as possible hopefully pre season to choose our next appointment and the fat Sam comment was a ridiculous so I apologize, we all want us to do well at the end of the day.

But what seperates a great manager from a bad one. Some have a stroke of luck, find a formula. AncellottI a supposed alchemist didn’t have us playing champagne football at the end of his tenure. I don’t like people just jumping to conclusions based on what? I’ve never watched a team play football under his stewardship so how the can the hell can I have an opinion? People making assumptions based purely on stats and where someone’s managed. I know this much. Based purely on his playing career his football knowledge is much better than the most of the experts posting on here.
I haven’t seen Wang Baoshan of Shaanxi Chang'an Athletic manage either and his experience is similar to Cannavaro.

Am I being harsh for questioning his appointment here if he was brought in?

Last edited:
I just think it's a lose lose

Can't see him being what we need and getting something out of our squad

And if he does he will jump ship the second he gets a better offer because why would Fabio Cannavaro want to manage Everton?

Need someone who's going to commit to building something and ingrain a type of attitude into the squad

Have to hope some smidgeon of sanity can prevail.

If we lose tomorrow we are closer to some bizarre appointment.

Pinning my hopes on Duncan to help avoid some nightmare like this.

I think they have a real objection to appointing Duncan, but I also think results could well sway it.

I'm with you, I hope we can some how pull of a miracle and get a win and he gets it. Not least because it will mean we are well on our way to safety if that situation prevails.

The ultimate nightmare would be Rooney. I think im more qualified then him. Watched football all my life, not a drunk, grown up, and an IQ over 60! LOL
I take it you've also won 5 premier leagues, the champions league, top scorer for England of all time and would also command the respect of all players then?

I agree with you we need as much time as possible hopefully pre season to choose our next appointment and the fat Sam comment was a ridiculous so I apologize, we all want us to do well at the end of the day.
Sam's reputation as the Red Adair of football is a bit tarnished now anyway after he failed to save The Baggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.