2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of us actually expect him to play for us for a more than a few games? Alarm bells were ringing when all you ever heard was "He's good for the dressing room, great leader off the pitch".
And then has a go at Holgate who is a MUCH better player than him, has a go at fans and yells at the team "everyone is fn (crap)" then goes and scores an OG later.

Oh yeah, he's DEFINITELY someone you should want on your team.

The club just aren't proactive in these matters. It's clear he offers negative value. One game in 10 or whatever it is & sat on a huge wage.
If Leeds or any other club has the slightest interest, the club should be looking to do a deal to cancel his contract & let them take him.

Same for Besic. And Sigurdsson & Bernard. And Coleman.
The club aren't proactive? Have you seen how much deadwood has been shifted - those who aren't anywhere near the squad have nearly all gone out on loan.

Delph/siggy/Bernard have all been used and needed this year. Siggy especially can't be shifted without a replacement, whether you think he's useless or not, he's been part of the core team this season.

Definitely not as straight forward as you seem to suggest.

The club aren't proactive? Have you seen how much deadwood has been shifted - those who aren't anywhere near the squad have nearly all gone out on loan.

Delph/siggy/Bernard have all been used and needed this year. Siggy especially can't be shifted without a replacement, whether you think he's useless or not, he's been part of the core team this season.

Definitely not as straight forward as you seem to suggest.
Most of the deadwood will be drifting back on to our shores come the summer, unfortunately. Not much to be done about it the financial landscape in football has changed markedly in the past 12 months, nobody is paying a fee for mediocre high wage players any more.

The thing with Fabian Delph returning is that we all pretty much know if he plays any part in the next two games, there will be an update on Monday stating that he's out injured again for the about six weeks. Sadly Delph really is a 'bit-part player' in every sense, there's just no way you can plan long term with the guy. It's unfortunate really as he would be useful if we could get a good run of games out of him.

How can he be linked to Leeds, window is closed!
Not sure, really, but perhaps there will be a summer transfer window?

The author of this prospective venture considered it more of a ‘return to’ for Delph, which is where I believe it all started.

Looks who's baaaaack...our tough boy Delphy

fabiandelph-cropped_28k2exeyyu2u1dneyvwlep7si.jpg

SPORT-PREVIEW-Delph-and-Fan-Instagram.jpg

download (1).jpeg

So , he was sat on the bench for last night's game.
I would genuinely like to know what he thought of the effort put in by the likes of Godfrey and Doucoure and whether deep down he was either shamed by his own efforts or thinks that he still has a role to play.
I know that that would inspire me to redouble my efforts to get really fit and make a contribution but do Premier league prima Donna's like him think the same way?

It was a low risk gamble it hasn't come off. With Ancelotti at the wheel hopefully we don't get any more like this. I can't see us being able to offload unless some promoted team wants to take a chance. I would happily pay half his wages somewhere else next season.

So , he was sat on the bench for last night's game.
I would genuinely like to know what he thought of the effort put in by the likes of Godfrey and Doucoure and whether deep down he was either shamed by his own efforts or thinks that he still has a role to play.
I know that that would inspire me to redouble my efforts to get really fit and make a contribution but do Premier league prima Donna's like him think the same way?
Doucore ran his behind off and is a true pro. I voted Godfrey for mom though because the boy is going to be a legend for us. Delph is really skillful but he suffers from sigurdssonitis. Having said that, the Gylf was really amazing last night (4 am where I'm at).

Status
Not open for further replies.