2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does create a dilemma for the club, as if the one we already have wasn't enough.
Can the club allow u vaccinated players train as as part of the squad ?

Is everyone else around the team vaccinated and can you insist on their cooperation and if not what consequences follow.

Football is such a huge industry I think rules are going to have to be clarified and possibly rewritten.

It does create a dilemma for the club, as if the one we already have wasn't enough.
Can the club allow u vaccinated players train as as part of the squad ?

Is everyone else around the team vaccinated and can you insist on their cooperation and if not what consequences follow.

Football is such a huge industry I think rules are going to have to be clarified and possibly rewritten.
What can the club or the league really do though?
He has a right to an opinion. He can't really be stopped from plying his trade. You can't just turn around to somebody and say, your not vaccinated so you can't perform your job. Your essentially telling him his football career is over.

In the future it might get written into contracts that you have to be double jabbed, but at the moment with the contract he has, what can anybody really do? And who the hell will take him off our hands because of his idiotic views?

What can the club or the league really do though?
He has a right to an opinion. He can't really be stopped from plying his trade. You can't just turn around to somebody and say, your not vaccinated so you can't perform your job. Your essentially telling him his football career is over.

In the future it might get written into contracts that you have to be double jabbed, but at the moment with the contract he has, what can anybody really do? And who the hell will take him off our hands because of his idiotic views?

I think legally a club could possibly do that. Like Eriksen not being allowed to play in Italy with his heart implant. It's technically a discriminatory policy but ultimately it'll be classed as an unacceptable insurance risk.

You're probably right that under his current contracted terms we probably can't do much, but it'll definitely be a pre-requisite for future contracts; one which Fabian Delph absolutely won't get of course. Not because he won't get vaccinated, but because he's proper terrible.

I think the right call is to just terminate his contract. We will have to pay him up, as unlike... erm... other footballers there's no gross breach of contract that would give us a way out as such, but it's the best thing to do IMO.

While there are many reasons to vilify this waste of oxygen, not wanting to participate in the mass trial of a drug with virtually no clinical trial isn't one of them. Each to their own, some people want to see actual results before letting someone inject a needle full of unknown ingredients. Delph still needs booting out regardless

This is has all gone sideways and off topic.

Keep it to Delph and lets take the vaccine talk to a separate thread
(and please someone immediately ban me from said thread so I don't lose my head)

The interesting thing is that it was Delph's own social media post that sent this thread off the rails. I concluded that Delph needs to go, both for the good of the club and for your blood pressure.

I have some thoughts about athletes and social media, but I'll keep them to myself to avoid another blood-pressure-elevating thread derailment.

I will say that when a player's social media feed becomes a liability, it's a sign that a bad relationship like this one between club and player should be ended post-haste.

Off Topic
While there are many reasons to vilify this waste of oxygen, not wanting to participate in the mass trial of a drug with virtually no clinical trial isn't one of them. Each to their own, some people want to see actual results before letting someone inject a needle full of unknown ingredients. Delph still needs booting out regardless
The research papers based on stage three trials are readily available on the internet if you had half a brain twonk.

it explains clearly the process behind it and testing results to thousands of participants. This isn’t some experimental off shelf trial pharmaceutical compound. Billions has being spent on research collaborated by some of the brightest minds in medicine.

everyone reacts slightly differently to all substances drugs ect. My grandfather is deathly allergic to alcohol but I can sink a carton with no worries. The effects of alcohol are widely known.

Scientific data shows indisputable proof that we are much better off vaccinated.

Off Topic
The research papers based on stage three trials are readily available on the internet if you had half a brain twonk.

it explains clearly the process behind it and testing results to thousands of participants. This isn’t some experimental off shelf trial pharmaceutical compound. Billions has being spent on research collaborated by some of the brightest minds in medicine.

everyone reacts slightly differently to all substances drugs ect. My grandfather is deathly allergic to alcohol but I can sink a carton with no worries. The effects of alcohol are widely known.

Scientific data shows indisputable proof that we are much better off vaccinated.

We are in the trial now. Doesn't look great

We are in the trial now. Doesn't look great

We have threads for this.
Keep it specific to Delph, please

It's fair as you deserve a choice. I don't like the guy at all.. but the guy deserves to choose what he does with his body.

On the flip side I know a boxers who's parter cannot walk due to having the vaccine.

If there is a risk of harm from having the vaccine then everyone deserves a choice.

We have robust immune system, not just antibodies but also T cells that protect the body.
I get that is an unfortunate side affect. But it’s the risk you take. Just like when people have any form of anaesthesia for operations, healthy people can suffer badly afterwards.

Other than when the club is trying to figure out the books for ffp, this is the most relevant Delph has been for Everton. He's a dose himself

Status
Not open for further replies.