2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph was fine apart from a couple of poor passes. The other midfielders were anonymous that's why it's easy to pick on his mistakes.
Delph was anonymous. Didn't even see him helping our defenders out at all. It was like he was hiding and trying to have as little of the ball as possible, just like Sigurdsson does each match. Another signing that absolutely stinks.

He was at fault for their 3rd goal. Had an easy pass to make and dawdled and was robbed of possession. I know that they still had a lot to do and others were also to blame (Sidibe - not getting close enough to his man) but, give possession away cheaply and you invite pressure and (sooner or later) we pay the price. Also, he's a crab!

Oh yeah.....and why, when he passes a ball, does he have to hit it so weakly that the receiving player has to wait half a second or so for it to arrive. In the modern game of fine margins, that half a second is all the opposition needs to close down whatever opportunity may have been there. I reckon he does it on purpose because he thinks it makes him look cultured ('i'm so good i don't have to break sweat, i can just nonchalantly spray passes around'). Or mebbe i'm being too kind and the truth is - he doesn't have enough skill to hit a firm and accurate pass!

The injuries look like they have ruined the best part of his game, his energy used to be what stood out, now he barely leaves a ten yard square.
It's particularly noticeable when it's him and Schneiderlin playing together, as there inevitably comes a point where the opposition realises that they're a pair of sitting ducks against even the most basic, straight-line runs in behind.

It's honestly worse than the Neville and Heitinga days.

Delph was anonymous. Didn't even see him helping our defenders out at all. It was like he was hiding and trying to have as little of the ball as possible, just like Sigurdsson does each match. Another signing that absolutely stinks.
Delph was far from anonymous in the second half, when he appeared to have been moved by CA into a Gareth Barry-esque role, involving filling in the space between the two CBs to provide them with the option of an easy, safe, pass when being pressured.

Status
Not open for further replies.