Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine, like Barry before him he's probably the sort of player you appreciate more when you see him most weeks and know the impact he has around the club. You probably hate him (many Evertonians aren't too keen) but Phil Neville was a bit like that. Couldn't stick him when he was at United but led the dressing room here and enforced good habits.

Gareth Barry was written off when he came here. I thought he was one paced and actually not at the level Delph is currently at, but he was one of the most important signings we made in the last 5 years.

It's not a glamorous signing by any stretch but to me it's low risk. He knows the league, he knows the area, won't have to relocate his family, knows what it takes to play for a big club (having played for 3 previously) and is a northern lad. Very low risk and a smart signing really.
providing Delph can stay injury free I'm sure he'll become a crowd favourite. The season before last he was solid at LB when Mendy was out. Last season he hardly got a sniff and when he did get a chance he had a few howlers. Delph needs regular starts to get consistency and he would not get any with us, especially now we have signed Angelino as LB cover and Rodrigo. I think Delph fell out with Guardiola but that is just my gut feeling. Anyway you're getting a very good experienced player in Delph like you got with Gaz Baz.

Cheers mate. That gives me some reassurance that somebody who watches him all the time says that. I recall you City fans were saying much the same thing abut Barry when he came on loan and, tbh, as much as we've missed and not replaced Lukaku since he left, for me you can say exactly the same about Barry.
I'm sad to see Fabien leave tbh, but he'll do well for Everton. Absolute bargain and a very versatile player.

As for Gaz Baz he was a top player that never got the plaudits he deserved.

For me it just suggests that we’re going to let Gueye get his dream move. We make a massive profit and use that towards deals for top class centre back/right winger/striker.
I'm trying (and starting in fairness ) to see the positives from this signing. But being a replacement for Gana is definitely not one of them. If Gana goes, then we need to bring in a separate replacement for him.

I'm trying (and starting in fairness ) to see the positives from this signing. But being a replacement for Gana is definitely not one of them. If Gana goes, then we need to bring in a separate replacement for him.
Be very surprised if Brands/Silva see him as a replacement for gana, they're not stupid .

Solid signing capable of playing in a few positions. Hopefully means we never see schneiderlin play for everton again

I'm sad to see Fabien leave tbh, but he'll do well for Everton. Absolute bargain and a very versatile player.

As for Gaz Baz he was a top player that never got the plaudits he deserved.
But a loan with an option would be a better way to go given his injuries.As with Barry

I'd imagine, like Barry before him he's probably the sort of player you appreciate more when you see him most weeks and know the impact he has around the club. You probably hate him (many Evertonians aren't too keen) but Phil Neville was a bit like that. Couldn't stick him when he was at United but led the dressing room here and enforced good habits.

Gareth Barry was written off when he came here. I thought he was one paced and actually not at the level Delph is currently at, but he was one of the most important signings we made in the last 5 years.

It's not a glamorous signing by any stretch but to me it's low risk. He knows the league, he knows the area, won't have to relocate his family, knows what it takes to play for a big club (having played for 3 previously) and is a northern lad. Very low risk and a smart signing really.
I can't have a good word said about Phil Neville, the little worm, but I agree with the sentiment.

If Delph could recapture his Villa form, I'd put him at about the same level as Gana - the former being better on the ball, but the latter having a much more dynamic physical presence - and he's the type that you wouldn't be surprised to see wearing the armband before long.

My only concern is that he hasn't played centre midfield consistently for a long time now, and I wonder how long it'll take him to get up to speed again.

I reckon silva rates Schneiderlin and he sees him as one of the 3. Delphi is there as he can play in a couple of positions there.

Not sure how I feel on this one.

I do see the benefits though I'd be worried if he was a replacement for Gana if that is indeed the plan (which is pure speculation).

If the plan is to keep Gana and ship out McCarthy, Besic and Schneiderlin, then I don't mind this signing at all.

Fabian Delph | Skills and Goals 18/19 | Despacito Remix

ScaryUnhealthyDog-size_restricted.gif

This one??

Open wide for some SOCCER...

Status
Not open for further replies.