FA Cup Final 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarnia Kevin

Player Valuation: £35m
I've just watched the 1995 FA Cup Final on Youtube. I've never seen the whole game before because when it was played I was loading an oil tanker at Texaco terminal in Pembroke. I went into the accomodation for a tea break just at the right time to see our winning goal on the only TV on board which was in the officer's lounge. The faces of my, predominantly Manc supporting, crew-mates were priceless. Unfortunately I missed the rest of the game because I had to go back out on deck to continue with the loading, however the Mancs were quiet for a change afterwards. Obviously up until today I didn't know how our boys had actually dominated the game and could have come away with an even bigger victory. The lockdown does have some advantages :pint2::cheers::drunk::celebrate:

I've just watched the 1995 FA Cup Final on Youtube. I've never seen the whole game before because when it was played I was loading an oil tanker at Texaco terminal in Pembroke. I went into the accomodation for a tea break just at the right time to see our winning goal on the only TV on board which was in the officer's lounge. The faces of my, predominantly Manc supporting, crew-mates were priceless. Unfortunately I missed the rest of the game because I had to go back out on deck to continue with the loading, however the Mancs were quiet for a change afterwards. Obviously up until today I didn't know how our boys had actually dominated the game and could have come away with an even bigger victory. The lockdown does have some advantages :pint2::cheers::drunk::celebrate:
I echo this.

Lockdown has given me the time to look up all the stuff I have been meaning to, have read it on here but never saw it.

On one hand it’s brilliant to see it, the other wistfully hoping I can actually join in the celebrations.

A wonderful memory. I think the Mancs badly missed Cantona, although they had plenty of time to come back as Rideout scored in first half. Nev was superb right to the end. Bloody hell, how much longer before we celebrate again?? :mad:

Our last trophy and I couldn’t even celebrate afterwards, we crashed on the way home from Wembley and ended up in hospital in Walsall, got home about 5am and didn’t make the homecoming because we were all black and blue,but nothing serious.

Our last trophy and I couldn’t even celebrate afterwards, we crashed on the way home from Wembley and ended up in hospital in Walsall, got home about 5am and didn’t make the homecoming because we were all black and blue,but nothing serious.

Bloody hell mate that's grim, glad you walked away from it though with just a few bumps and bruises.

Such a weird game that. I honestly never felt we would lose that day. The players just all looked calm, we had a game plan and the players stuck to their tasks from first whistle to last.

I just love the clip when they are collecting their medals and Gary Ablett shouts to one of his mates something like "alright Toe, I'll see you later".

We were solid the following season as well, just missing out on Europe on the last day if memory serves me right as we beat Villa but Arsenal won.

[/QUOTE]
Bloody hell mate that's grim, glad you walked away from it though with just a few bumps and bruises.

Such a weird game that. I honestly never felt we would lose that day. The players just all looked calm, we had a game plan and the players stuck to their tasks from first whistle to last.

I just love the clip when they are collecting their medals and Gary Ablett shouts to one of his mates something like "alright Toe, I'll see you later".

We were solid the following season as well, just missing out on Europe on the last day if memory serves me right as we beat Villa but Arsenal won.
I think you're right there. And as I recall it we were on the way to qualifying with only 5 minutes left but Arsenal then came from behind with 2 quick goals to win their game and finish above us. Everton that. Haven't checked but we must hold the record for the number of times finishing one place off the UEFA Cup/Europa Cup/any other name it's been called.
There was also the time when we should have qualified (can't recall the season) but UEFA reduced the number of English qualifiers because of some kind of fallout with Tottenham. Fathom that one out.

Am I right in thinking that all but two of the starting line up - Limpar & Parkinson - were brought to the Club by Howard Kendall?

Though can't remember if Kendall bought Hinchcliffe or Harvey did.

The last great day for evertonians? Certainly to date?

I was there and after the parade I watched the whole thing again, I'd asked me ma to tape it off the telly.

Still got the tape to this day although no video player to actually watch it.

I think you're right there. And as I recall it we were on the way to qualifying with only 5 minutes left but Arsenal then came from behind with 2 quick goals to win their game and finish above us. Everton that. Haven't checked but we must hold the record for the number of times finishing one place off the UEFA Cup/Europa Cup/any other name it's been called.
There was also the time when we should have qualified (can't recall the season) but UEFA reduced the number of English qualifiers because of some kind of fallout with Tottenham. Fathom that one out.
[/QUOTE]

For @mrb85

Yeah mate, I think Joe Parkinson put us in front on about 65 minutes and at that point we were in the qualifying position. I think Arsenal equalised around the 78th/79th minute and then went in front a couple of minutes later.

Really unfortunate because we were very consistent that season and also during the start of the following season up to November (I think) we were in a great run of form then it all went pear shaped very very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.