Not open for further replies.
Crystal Place v Everton FA Cup refs & co

Ref: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistant ref: Simon Bennett & Daniel Leach
Fourth official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Craig Pawson
Support VAR: Michael Salisbury
AVAR: Natalie Aspinall

Support VARs will be in place for the FA Cup third round proper ties where the technology is in operation. A role utilised for a number of UEFA, FIFA and other international fixtures, the Support VAR's duties will include assisting the VAR and AVAR with evaluating incidents and assisting with the communication between the officials.

Shouldnt have VAR unless every match can have it.

Shouldnt have VAR at all come to that.

I wish we could find stats on the premier clubs that have drawn other premier clubs in the early FA Cup rounds over the last 25 years. I reckon we'd be first.

It's always dodgy. Same in Scotland when they very often make sure Rangers and Celtic play each other in finals.

Crystal Place v Everton FA Cup refs & co

Ref: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistant ref: Simon Bennett & Daniel Leach
Fourth official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Craig Pawson
Support VAR: Michael Salisbury
AVAR: Natalie Aspinall

Support VARs will be in place for the FA Cup third round proper ties where the technology is in operation. A role utilised for a number of UEFA, FIFA and other international fixtures, the Support VAR's duties will include assisting the VAR and AVAR with evaluating incidents and assisting with the communication between the officials.
just another layer of opacity

I wish we could find stats on the premier clubs that have drawn other premier clubs in the early FA Cup rounds over the last 25 years. I reckon we'd be first.
It's always dodgy. Same in Scotland when they very often make sure Rangers and Celtic play each other in finals.

I've just looked on Wikipedia and going back to around 2017 the RS have had more 3rd round all PL draws than us in that time with 5. Two of them against us including the one where they literally played the kids. Wolves are on 4 despite being a PL club for fewer seasons.

We're equal with ManU and Palace on 3. I'd go back further but it's excruciatingly tedious, even for a bore like me. It's Xmas and I'm getting on the cans instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.