FA CUP DRAW ROUND 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wall to ceiling live television coverage, and the money involved, in football has ruined the FA Cup. It was almost as important as winning the league when I was growing up. Such a shame. The finals of 1966 and 1984 especially are days I will never forget. Let the League Cup be for the Football League only and the FA Cup stay as it is.

The most important game should always be the next game

When it comes around we need to play our best available team and try to win the game.

It's not a good draw at such an early stage, but we've won there before so we can go there and do it again if we play close to our best. Lots and lots of football still to be played between now and then, and hopefully the table will look better as well.

I am going against the grain here.

A good cup run instills confidence and belief and in both players and fans.

The folk memory is stong in fellows of my ilk and 1983/84 is always on my mind.

We attack Wembley on two fronts…..and the league form will take care of itself.

UTFT
Amen. Whilst Palace away isn't the greatest draw, we're better away from home, confidence comes from winning, but Dyche needs to rotate a bit, not loads, but a bit.

How amazing would it be to stay up, win a cup, and stick it to the premier league all in the same season?!

We've not beaten a fellow top-flight team in the 3rd round of the FA Cup since the marathon tie against Sheffield Wednesday back in 1988 so those who want us to get knocked out quick should be happy.

I want a run in both cups every year no matter where we are in the league. It will generate much-needed finance for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.