FA cup 5th round draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been speaking to a mate of mine who’s a Halifax Town fan, follows them all over the country home and away and is pretty much my go-to person for any non-league info.

flea1.jpg

flea2.jpg

TBF, Boreham Wood did beat them 1-0 in that game, so some bias is possible lol

I’m surprised that he follows a non league team all over the country and watches so much of it and yet is outraged that a non league team plays like that.

Sad to see a Tory toff giving it loads on this fine forum.

@Toffeelover appears most definitely to be one of them new tory convert types. He’s probably just moved into a new build, has a nice shiny built-in double oven and a new Ford Mondeo on pcp.

Given his perceived social standing he can longer bring himself to call himself working class and therefore has arrived at the conclusion that he is in fact a blue blooded tory.
Petition to change his name to Torylover.

Good draw for Everton all things considered guys.

Don't be too made up for Borehamwood. I used to live round the corner from there for a few years and it's jam-packed with Sun-reading working class Tory meffs.

Their club literally did a pro-Brexit article on its website

Alright, we've got to swallow the fact that Lampard is a Tory, but these are the worst sort of Tories

Expect plenty of "sign on" songs
The fabled working class Tories of the sarf...

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

But what about the North...

Having players cup tied can be a double edged sword.
Having to change a team for each competition, but then also being able to rest/rotate players in the same decision.
Could actually work in our favour.

Boreham Wood supporter here.
Okay first off just wanted to say I come in peace but I came across your forum while searching for details about tickets and was mildly amused by some of the comments posted on here about Boreham Wood.
First thing to say is that everyone is very excited about coming to Goodison it is seen as a proper old school club greatly admired for its determination to remain that way, I have a few Everton friends two of which have been supporting your club home and away for over 40 years.
We are under no illusions, this is as far as our club will go in the this competition and only hope is that Frank puts out a very weakened side and the score remains respectable. It would be a shame having come so far to get a real battering on the way out but we accept this could happen.
Boreham Wood is far from being Tory it has always been a working class Labour stronghold in a sea of Tory support around it, in fact in the local elections it was a clean sweep for Labour. It is felt that because of this it does not get the investment it should and as a result is the most deprived area in the whole of Hertfordshire ,absolutely Brexit supporting and proud of it.
As for support, there is no chance it can compete with the PL clubs that surround it, historically it has always been an Arsenal town with Spurs not far behind not surprisingly as both are not far away, Arsenal's training ground is just down the road and they invested a lot into supporting the club with pitch (probably the best in the non league) seating and of course Arsenal Ladies home ground at the club which brings in vital investment. Watford of course is near by also so the club do amazingly well considering.
I was at Bournemouth and there was loads more than 1500 reported that was the allocation plenty more were around the ground, however as our game will be midweek I doubt we will take more than 2000 to Goodison I would be pleasantly surprised if we did.
I hope this gives some context, no one is looking for a hand out just a good night out of course there will be banter would not be football with out but no malice intended.
Good luck tonight and look forward to a historic night for the Wood coming up.

Boreham Wood supporter here.
Okay first off just wanted to say I come in peace but I came across your forum while searching for details about tickets and was mildly amused by some of the comments posted on here about Boreham Wood.
First thing to say is that everyone is very excited about coming to Goodison it is seen as a proper old school club greatly admired for its determination to remain that way, I have a few Everton friends two of which have been supporting your club home and away for over 40 years.
We are under no illusions, this is as far as our club will go in the this competition and only hope is that Frank puts out a very weakened side and the score remains respectable. It would be a shame having come so far to get a real battering on the way out but we accept this could happen.
Boreham Wood is far from being Tory it has always been a working class Labour stronghold in a sea of Tory support around it, in fact in the local elections it was a clean sweep for Labour. It is felt that because of this it does not get the investment it should and as a result is the most deprived area in the whole of Hertfordshire ,absolutely Brexit supporting and proud of it.
As for support, there is no chance it can compete with the PL clubs that surround it, historically it has always been an Arsenal town with Spurs not far behind not surprisingly as both are not far away, Arsenal's training ground is just down the road and they invested a lot into supporting the club with pitch (probably the best in the non league) seating and of course Arsenal Ladies home ground at the club which brings in vital investment. Watford of course is near by also so the club do amazingly well considering.
I was at Bournemouth and there was loads more than 1500 reported that was the allocation plenty more were around the ground, however as our game will be midweek I doubt we will take more than 2000 to Goodison I would be pleasantly surprised if we did.
I hope this gives some context, no one is looking for a hand out just a good night out of course there will be banter would not be football with out but no malice intended.
Good luck tonight and look forward to a historic night for the Wood coming up.

I enjoyed the game on Sunday night. Felt like a proper cup tie with your lads hanging on at the end and throwing bodies on the line. Only the 10th side from the 5th tier to make the 5th round I read, so some achievement.

Sad to see a Tory toff giving it loads on this fine forum.

@Toffeelover appears most definitely to be one of them new tory convert types. He’s probably just moved into a new build, has a nice shiny built-in double oven and a new Ford Mondeo on pcp.

Given his perceived social standing he can longer bring himself to call himself working class and therefore has arrived at the conclusion that he is in fact a blue blooded tory.

Oh boy, got to laugh at this. I am 76 years old, obviously retired and have been for 12 years prior to which I worked non stop from the age of 18. Wow I had not realised all that time I was not a worker, thanks Mutzo for putting me right. BTW our house is detached with a garage, it is 42 years old so yep one of those new builds.

I don't have a Mondeo gave that up about 20 years ago in fact hold on to your knickers I drive a Mercedes- Benz GLC 220D 4Matic Premium, now 4 years old but I have had from new.

Just thought I would put you right a bit Mutzo and Chico.

PS I am a Blue Blooded Evertonian like my parents and their parents, my first game was back in early 1961.

Oh boy, got to laugh at this. I am 76 years old, obviously retired and have been for 12 years prior to which I worked non stop from the age of 18. Wow I had not realised all that time I was not a worker, thanks Mutzo for putting me right. BTW our house is detached with a garage, it is 42 years old so yep one of those new builds.

I don't have a Mondeo gave that up about 20 years ago in fact hold on to your knickers I drive a Mercedes- Benz GLC 220D 4Matic Premium, now 4 years old but I have had from new.

Just thought I would put you right a bit Mutzo and Chico.

PS I am a Blue Blooded Evertonian like my parents and their parents, my first game was back in early 1961.
I have an 89 300 SE W126 class as well as three other old classics. The Merc is by far the most reliable.

As do i.

Yes I voted Tory way back to get rid of Brown because he was bankrupting the country. But before that I was voting for Blair in each election. So I am not a committed particular party follower of any description.

Never voted Conservative in my life.

But you should not have to defend it like this.

It's called pluralism, freedom of choice and a thriving liberal democracy.

The Marxist's on here feel you are a victim of 'false consciousness' , which translates as not thinking EXACTLY they way they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.