F A Cup draw tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be an arse.

I'd hate for fans to be discouraged from sharing their opinion because of pathetic shouts like that.
If you check his post history, I can assure you he's not a "fan". Seriously, I've been on here for years, he's materialised this October, coinciding with the first team dip in form, throwing out opinions that Allardyce is better than Ancelotti and I get the warning? Dubious new posters like this are given free reign?

If you check his post history, I can assure you he's not a "fan".

You can't assure me of that.

I'm also in a better position to review any account on here.

Seriously, I've been on here for years,

Great. Me too.

You should know then that anyone on here who attacks another member as a a div because of their grammar, spelling and punctuation will be pulled up on it.

he's materialised this October, coinciding with the first team dio in form, throwing out opinions that Allardyce is better than Ancelotti and I get the warning? Dubious new posters like this are given free reign?

Spot on mate.

When it comes to moderation, I don't care if today is your first day, or 1000th.

Posting history can allow some context, but moderation is largely in isolation. If we didn't we're moderating to a bias.

Member 1 "Dont see why any one would be arse about this cup . Weve got to focus on top 4 and this cup tonite at a maximum . Any thing else is a burdon so why we care the FA cup I dont know ."
Member 2 - "How old are you, 7? Learn some grammar, spelling and punctuation you div"

No. Really simple - criticise the opinion, not the member.

Did he get pulled up, and his post highlighted by the moderators in the interest of fair conduct and behaviour? Or was that tolerated?
Mate. A word of advice. Whilst I saw no issue with the post for which @GrandOldTeam has pulled you up, what you're doing now isn't going to help.

You're arguing with the ref. He should not, and will not, change his decision just because you are having a go at him. If you want to continue the conversation with him, do it via PM. The longer you argue with him on the open forum, the more likely it is you will be sanctioned.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Mate. A word of advice. Whilst I saw no issue with the post for which @GrandOldTeam has pulled you up, what you're doing now isn't going to help.

You're arguing with the ref. He should not, and will not, change his decision just because you are having a go at him. If you want to continue the conversation with him, do it via PM. The longer you argue with him on the open forum, the more likely it is you will be sanctioned.
Fair enough.

It's the fact I get pulled and the flute gets zero sanctioning for making comments about injured players being "scumbags".

Ill drop it now, it's Christmas. Have a lovely day x

Fair enough.

It's the fact I get pulled and the flute gets zero sanctioning for making comments about injured players being "scumbags".

I understand how frustrating it must seem - you're being quite clear about it. Have a chat about via PM with @GrandOldTeam , you might find some solution that way. It may be that the other poster has received "words of advice" via PM - not all sanctioning is done in the full view of the forum, nor should it be.

Fair play to you for choosing to drop it - a point in your favour.

Fair enough.

I understand how frustrating it must seem - you're being quite clear about it. Have a chat about via PM with @GrandOldTeam , you might find some solution that way. It may be that the other poster has received "words of advice" via PM - not all sanctioning is done in the full view of the forum, nor should it be.

Fair play to you for choosing to drop it - a point in your favour.

???

I've explained this.

Not that I should need to but I'll do it again.

BarryThompson1 "Dont see why any one would be arse about this cup . Weve got to focus on top 4 and this cup tonite at a maximum . Any thing else is a burdon so why we care the FA cup I dont know ."

An opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Loads have that view.

This is an unacceptable response;

rylojr - "How old are you, 7? Learn some grammar, spelling and punctuation you div"

So again, really simple - criticise the opinion, sound - not the member.

I always pull anyone up who had a dig at people for their spelling, grammar and punctuation as well - it's a snide thing to do, especially on a football forum.

To then start pointing at other comments made in other threads as justification is daft, reply to that post then, it just shows you went looking for him on the attack - especially when the justification is we should warn people for calling players scumbags. If we warned a member on here every time they fumed at a player, there wouldn't be a forum.

???

I've explained this.

Not that I should need to but I'll do it again.

BarryThompson1 "Dont see why any one would be arse about this cup . Weve got to focus on top 4 and this cup tonite at a maximum . Any thing else is a burdon so why we care the FA cup I dont know ."

An opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Loads have that view.

This is an unacceptable response;

rylojr - "How old are you, 7? Learn some grammar, spelling and punctuation you div"

So again, really simple - criticise the opinion, sound - not the member.

I always pull anyone up who had a dig at people for their spelling, grammar and punctuation as well - it's a snide thing to do, especially on a football forum.

To then start pointing at other comments made in other threads as justification is daft, especially when the justification is we should warn people for calling players scumbags. If we warned a member on here every time they fumed at a player, there wouldn't be a forum.
Hey. I simply suggested that rylojr stop arguing about the decision and take any further conversation about it to PM.

If that was poor advice, then I'm sorry.

Have to question why there isn’t a talk of a break of 2-3 weeks, it’s rife across the leagues and it’s clearly not benefitting anyone.

How can it be fair for Rotherham to compete against us, when they’re missing 8 players?

Rotherham United v Cardiff City postponed today-another game called off for them, but not the virus this time but snow [snowing in Liverpool now], by time they play us next week they would have played 1 game in nearly 4 weeks and that came a few days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.