Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of the Everton fanbase....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny, but where? Where, and who, gets "the sense that with the right support"?
By solid results he means more narrow wins against the weaker clubs, even @Legend Barry Horne can't be, what was the word he used for the people not enamoured by Allardyce, delusional enough to think that we will beat anyone, except maybe Burnley, who are currently above us in the league. Remember Allardyce stated that we couldn't expect to compete with Arsenal, the same Arsenal who have lost to Swansea, Newcastle, Brighton, Osterstunds etc.. this season. He's happy to take 7th, he's got really low aspirations. Maybe he is a Moshiri multi?

Screenshot_20180501-161228.jpg

The hate for Allardyce has been well over the top, and a lot of our fans were desperate to be proved right about him being an awful manager. I think it's time for these people to admit that they were wrong over that aspect. The amount of excuses for why he's got us from being an absolute shambles in fear of being stuck in a relegation battle, to 8th, 4 points clear of Leicester and 16 points above the drop are laughable.

"The only reason we're in 8th is because the league is terrible" - haven't heard that line of argument in previous seasons.
"We're only winning a few because we spent £50m on Walcott and Tosun in January" - players he signed
"All of our wins have been lucky" - ignoring how lucky our wins were at home against Bournemouth and Watford
"he's had easy games" - for why he has got us top 6 form

But none of that means we should settle for keeping him next season. For years under Kenwright we bemoaned the fact that we couldn't challenge as we didn't have money to spend. We're now capable of spending big amounts on players and as others have said, we aren't a Southampton, Stoke or West Brom. It's time for the club to show some ambition, thank Sam for a decent job, but explain to him that ultimately we want better than grinding out 1-0 wins against inferior opposition and watching boring draws against relegation threatened sides.

He needs to understand that we've won the league the 4th most of any club, played the most seasons in the top flight, hopefully have an iconic new stadium coming and that this club is not here to just make up the numbers any longer. Whether Moshiri can bring in the correct replacement for him is under question though.

Everton are 6th in the form table since Allardyce joined

This is a year in which it looks like traditionally solid premier league sides - Southampton, Stoke and West Brom will go down

Things could certainly have turned out worse for us given the terrible start. Allardyce has made a couple of good signings in Walcott and Tosun. A couple more good signings and we could be well placed for next season. He has a good group of support staff

The playing style is not always the most attractive, but you get the sense that with the right support, Allardyce can deliver solid results next year. This is certainly better than the days under Martinez when he refused to address the defensive problems...

Trying to get my head round why the seeming widespread dislike for him is so extreme given the results he's delivered and potential to improve next year - seems like an irrational ground swell of negativity with more getting drawn on to the band waggon......

There aren't that many realistically available better options out there (perhaps the experienced / proven at the top level Benitez or Ancelotti - certainly not the unproven Silva or Fonseca) - people could do worse than get behind Allardyce and decide he's earned the chance to show what he can do next season

If you go to the matches then it shouldn't need explaining.

Spurs and Arsenal away were some of the worst I have seen following Everton. Nevermind the likes of going to West Brom (so, so boring).

The difference with Martinez was that there was hope, until quite near the end, that the style might eventually see us near the top of the table with the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Stones leading the way.

Under Allardyce there is no hope of finishing above 7th.

Spurs and Arsenal away were some of the worst I have seen following Everton. Nevermind the likes of going to West Brom (so, so boring).

The difference with Martinez was that there was hope, until quite near the end, that the style might eventually see us near the top of the table with the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Stones leading the way.

I agree on that boring aspect which is why I don't want him to say, but see you then mentioned Martinez. You said 'until quite near the end'. He had us in 11th with 47 points for 2 seasons running. That's over 76 games.

It's boring under Allardyce, but at least when it's boring we actually get 1-3 points out of it (not including the hammerings we got which were as equally as unacceptable under Koeman, Unsworth and Allardyce).

I was bored under Martinez when we suffered a 4-0 demolition to a Liverpool side that ended up 8th where they had 37 shots to our 3, with us having 0 on target. Was bored when we got beaten 3-0 by a Sunderland side that has now gone on to suffer a double relegation with a lot of the same players they had back then.

The idea that it was entertaining under Martinez after 13-14 is a myth except for a handful of games, and the bad under Martinez in his final 2 seasons was far far worse than the bad under Allardyce. 13-14 was exceptional and if he had kept that up then the fanbase would have been behind him, but unfortunately he wasn't up to it.

City are easily the best team in the league and the rest of the top 6 are all pretty good too.

We've been proper gash all season. Even when we've won.

There was a marked improvement after Sam joined the club, especially in defence. We stopped conceding a minimum of two goals per game, and even managed a few clean sheets.

That's like saying Man City have become champions due to being the least worst side in the league.
You mean the Man City who had 80+ % possession at Goodison and switched off when they had the game won after 20 mins.

Yeah but at least we won the second half. lol

"sixth since Sam"...

of note, our dreadful start was partially a result of playing 5 of the current top 6 in our first two months. we got a point against Citeh in those 5 matches. did Sam get us a single point against any of those 5 on the return fixtures? (Aware we got 2 playing the rs under him) ... we were already behind the 8 ball just seven matches in.

FFS I saw tweets yesterday about Dixie's 60. With three matches to go the Blues haven't yet notched 45 altogether this campaign. And I'm not sure I'd put money down that they will, either.

The fact is after The Top Six, the league is pretty much varying degrees of garbage, from a hot mess to shambolic to flat out dumpster fire. Being a hot blue mess isn't good enough. 1 road win the entire campaign isn't good enough.

I used to try to follow along matches with feeds so slow and laggy they might as well be "Everton, the slideshow!" ... not joking at all when I say earlier this year walked into the rotisserie chicken place for lunch, saw the match (@Swansea) was on TV and ordered my meal to go. CBA. Instead ate my meal at home watching Bob Ross Joy of Painting on Youtube. No joke that.

Inappropriate Language
Style of footballs atrocious, we won’t actually grow and get further with him in charge, and he speaks about fans like they’re the s**t on his shoe.

Don’t understand why anyone would defend a man who clearly detests us all so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.