Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the league needs to make a statement to discourage clubs from doing anything like this again. They must either hands out a punishment that befits the crime or changes their constitution which stops these clubs entering underhand talks with others.
Agree. Something like the Super League should never happen because it would destroy national leagues. I really hope the 6 british clubs get a real punishment instead of being treated like saviours.

Football exists without the FA. ESL is just a non sanctioned competition with all the worlds best players.

I agree it’s a very bad idea, bug you don’t need a license to play.
U need a fa liecence to play football in England, if they left they need to play all there games somewhere else as they can’t play in England

Those six clubs are still members of ESL. Perez has said none have left. It’s just parked for now.

The threat of legislation is what has made them pause for thought, but it is not dead yet. The threat is still real and present.A battle has been won, but not the war.
Your totally right. The ESL idea will NEVER go away. The rich, im all right jack Nump'tys of the signed up clubs, as long as stupid tv deal monies hit record highs will never let a breakaway idea drop. Only serious legislation decided on asap, as mentioned in previous quotes will give them serious food for thought.

Your totally right. The ESL idea will NEVER go away. The rich, im all right jack Nump'tys of the signed up clubs, as long as stupid tv deal monies hit record highs will never let a breakaway idea drop. Only serious legislation decided on asap, as mentioned in previous quotes will give them serious food for thought.
I'm just surprised they didn't do it years ago.

Agree. Something like the Super League should never happen because it would destroy national leagues. I really hope the 6 british clubs get a real punishment instead of being treated like saviours.
Agree wholeheartedly. What worries me is that the rhetoric coming from the 6 clubs is that we should be thankful they pulled out, rather than questioning why they joined against all governing bodies wishes in the first place.

I see that UEFA have rightly so come down really hard on the devils spawn six, with fines of around £1.5m each. I bet each one of them are still laughing since they heard of this pathetic penalty for attempting to destroy football.On the other hand is anyone surprised?

So, where is the punishment?
Gary Neville’s puff?

Neville and Carragher are happy now the six are back, the sky product can continue, and they continue to get paid to fanworship two teams every minute they’re on air. All their posturing about levelling up the game was just words for social media clicks, they’ve gone straight back to default mode as soon as their precious Liverpool and United backtracked.

Last edited:
I see that UEFA have rightly so come down really hard on the devils spawn six, with fines of around £1.5m each. I bet each one of them are still laughing since they heard of this pathetic penalty for attempting to destroy football.On the other hand is anyone surprised?
It really is an unsurprisingly sub-pathetic response from uefa. It is so below being pathetic it makes pathetic look like an enraged tyrannosaurus stung by a swarm of wasps, set on fire and having trodden on a lego brick.

But the tiny fine is OK because they're giving the money to charity.

I had no regard for corrupt self-serving uefa before this crap. I really don't know where it leaves them in my view now. Conptemptuous and disregarding of fans as ever.

UEFA haven't done anything to stop this happening again, have they? They've just made sure that next time, they get themselves a sizable chunk of the pie. €900m by my count.

I might be alone in this, but I'd like Everton to release a statement expressing their sadness at this 'punishment' from UEFA. Obviously Neville and Carragher would tell us to mind our place, and we'd be ridiculed by Sky, and possibly the BBC. But the statement wouldn't be aimed at them. It would be aimed at other 86 league clubs.

I'd also hope that we are in contact with Leicester City's board, and possibly a few others, and saying 'next time we need to be ready, and we need to lead on this. Because we're now the future of English football.'

This will happen again, UEFA have all but guaranteed it.

UEFA haven't done anything to stop this happening again, have they? They've just made sure that next time, they get themselves a sizable chunk of the pie. €900m by my count.

I might be alone in this, but I'd like Everton to release a statement expressing their sadness at this 'punishment' from UEFA. Obviously Neville and Carragher would tell us to mind our place, and we'd be ridiculed by Sky, and possibly the BBC. But the statement wouldn't be aimed at them. It would be aimed at other 86 league clubs.

I'd also hope that we are in contact with Leicester City's board, and possibly a few others, and saying 'next time we need to be ready, and we need to lead on this. Because we're now the future of English football.'

This will happen again, UEFA have all but guaranteed it.
It will need legislation to stop it.
It’s on the shelf for now, ready to be brought back.
Punishing the clubs too much is futile self harm, the PL won’t do it either.
As I said, legislation is required.

It will need legislation to stop it.
It’s on the shelf for now, ready to be brought back.
Punishing the clubs too much is futile self harm, the PL won’t do it either.
As I said, legislation is required.
It will need to go deeper than that.

In order to truly save football, the money needs to go. That's the only way you'll stop club owners no longer wanting competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.