Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this email (quoted here) is basically asking people to reply to the address stated in it, demanding sanctions against the 6.
More surveys.

They are there to represent us. They shouldn't need thousands of Everton supporters to tell them what they know already: we want blood for this. Any consultation will merely dilute that demand.

More surveys.

They are there to represent us. They shouldn't need thousands of Everton supporters to tell them what they know already: we want blood for this. Any consultation will merely dilute that demand.

I would imagine the PL 14 good guys will already have an idea what they want to do to the scabs, short term.

Everton will not be doing this consultation in isolation, I very much doubt anyrate; so with the power of fan representation behind them, they can carry a far heavier weapon.

She has been a triffic leader in all this, dont you think?

DBB:

"I can assure you that I, along with my fellow directors, will be working closely with colleagues and shareholders at the Premier League to ensure the events of this week are not able to happen again – and that appropriate action is taken."

Only points deductions will do. Everton have to push for it and get others to do so.

15 point points deduction and see how many of the scab clubs reach top 4 next season. Two at most.

Points deduction won't really hurt Man City or perhaps even Liverpool/United next year. They should all have at least a 1 year ban from UEFA competitions, they essentially signed off on terms where they wouldn't compete in it any more so that should be first and foremost.

15 point deduction and a 1-2 year UEFA competitions ban would suffice IMO.

Points deduction won't really hurt Man City or perhaps even Liverpool/United next year. They should all have at least a 1 year ban from UEFA competitions, they essentially signed off on terms where they wouldn't compete in it any more so that should be first and foremost.

A 5 year ban to match the one we had to endure (THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN!) in 1985 would suffice.

A 5 year ban to match the one we had to endure (THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN!) in 1985 would suffice.

I think if this had dragged on for a while that would be on the cards, but the quick revert in decision will probably work in their favour. I'd throw the book, but UEFA are coy enough to realise that they need these 12 clubs to market their own competitions.

I think if this had dragged on for a while that would be on the cards, but the quick revert in decision will probably work in their favour. I'd throw the book, but UEFA are coy enough to realise that they need these 12 clubs to market their own competitions.
Can't disagree, they'll do eff all at the end of the day because, sadly, the clubs in question hold the majority of power. Football really stinks these days.

Marketing is a two way thing. Broadcasters need a league/CL as much as the leagues/CL need the broadcasters.

If the scabs were slung, it doesnt take a genius to work out the narrative that could be deployed to keep both sides happy. Sure, the ££ might be a bit lower initially, but the actual reality may well be a better, more watched "product".

Like, the best live games I watched on telly during lockdown were the scraps lobbed at the BBC. And they were really really good games.

Heard plenty people (well, kopites mostly) saying "players and fans should not be punished" Punish the owners not the fans" etc
Have yet to hear any of them say exactly what form they think this punishment should take.

Heard plenty people (well, kopites mostly) saying "players and fans should not be punished" Punish the owners not the fans" etc
Have yet to hear any of them say exactly what form they think this punishment should take.

I'm confused about you can't punish the fans. So how have we punish clubs in the past?

I would imagine the PL 14 good guys will already have an idea what they want to do to the scabs, short term.

Everton will not be doing this consultation in isolation, I very much doubt anyrate; so with the power of fan representation behind them, they can carry a far heavier weapon.

She has been a triffic leader in all this, dont you think?
Fan consultation can give them a rreason not to act too. Depends what the questions are they ask.

I fear that the other 14 will be relieved they still have a credible future and will be happy with fines.

DBB has done well so far, yes. I still dont think she's a CEO though.

Only City could get comfortably ahead the rest and make up a 15 point deficit. The rest would implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.