Evertons rise or Englands demise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If England and Ireland are reliant for a third of their team coming from Everton they're not far off each other.

Both can field teams of PL players and as far as I'm concerned there's only Rooney you could pick out of the lot of them as approaching world class. England probably have the edge in terms of quality of player and the pace they can shift into.

big difference though is the options that england have over Ireland, for example Stephen Ward is probably our first choice left back, shocking player but not much else to pick from, how many left backs in england would be ahead of stephen ward if he was english? 7/8 easily

big difference though is the options that england have over Ireland, for example Stephen Ward is probably our first choice left back, shocking player but not much else to pick from, how many left backs in england would be ahead of stephen ward if he was english? 7/8 easily
Yeah, England have strength in depth and can put out about 3 different first teams that could take on Ireland and probably edge every game.

I just dont think many of them rise above average, internationally speaking.

Exactly this.
Back in the day when Everton did well so did England 1970 - 1986, both let down by Keepers, Bonetti and Shilton, though Shilton had the reff from nowhereistan who somehow missed what the whole world bar him saw.

not the same now though for various reasons England are fishing in a much smaller pool of talent.
What potential talent the influx of foreign players doesn't smother, the xbox and ipad etc coupled with a general lack of kids actually playing football in parks and streets does.

The team after Euro 2016

hart
Chambers
Stones
Jones
Shaw
Wilshire
Henderson
Barkley
Sterling
Sturidge
Kane

The team after Euro 2016

hart
Chambers
Stones
Jones
Shaw
Wilshire
Henderson
Barkley
Sterling
Sturidge
Kane
No team will ever win anything with Phil Jones and Jordan Henderson in the side.

I haven't seen enough of Chambers or Shaw so I'll reserve judgement on them.

Fair enough on the rest.

Henderson has grown on me the last 18 months he's come a leader on the pitch for the [Poor language removed] don't think there much better to play the deep role at the moment someone could come through by then and I avnt seen much of mason to judge him. Ward prowse for the saints so looking like he's going to be a top player

I like the ox powerful with the ball he's underrated by people I think he's quality

Status
Not open for further replies.