Evertons online fanbase demographics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerobert

Player Valuation: £25m
Looks like all those years with Chang have done absolutely nothing to boost our profile in ThIland with a population of 68 million
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../revealed-evertons-fans-social-media-11865764

Revealed: Where Everton's fans on social media come from
United Kingdom is the obvious first-place, but there's a surprise in second
GettyImages-596248660.jpg

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - AUGUST 27: Everton Fans make their way to the stadium before the Premier League match between Everton and Stoke City at Goodison Park on August 27, 2016 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Lynne Cameron/Getty Images)
Everton are a hit on social media with fans all across the world, from UK to Australia – but it’s Nigeria where a surprising portion of their support comes from.

The Blues’ official Twitter account has over 900,000 followers, and figures released have revealed the location of them all.

United Kingdom are the obvious front-runners with 32.3% of the account’s followers hailing from Britain, but Nigeria are a shock runner-up with 6.9%.

Who knew Daniel Amokachi, Joseph Yobo and Yakubu had such an impact at Goodison Park?

United States of America (6%), India (3.8%) and South Africa (3%) make up the top five.

There is no place in the top 30 for Ronald Koeman’s Netherlands homeland, nor for Romelu Lukaku’s Belgium – although their relatively small populations see to that.

The likes of Indonesia, Ghana and Brazil feature in the top 10, while European nations Spain, France, Italy and Germany are in the top 20.

Australia is 16th, with 1% of the account’s followers hailing from Oz, with Ireland slightly higher at 1.3%.

Where do Everton's Twitter fans come from?
United Kingdom

why would it as the locals have tried it and decided much like every Evertonian I ever met think it tastes like piss

No wonder its had no impact

GOTs aint.

Pretty sure Merica was second, with quite a high %.

Last time I was told anyrate.

For me this just shows the complete ineptitude of capitalizing on the American market when we had a chance.
Sorry when was the chance? We know as a fact Americans aren't on the whole arsed about culture, all they care about is success. Since the Internet became everywhere from the palm of your hand to having a [Poor language removed] at 30,000 ft we've won sod all.

Sorry when was the chance? We know as a fact Americans aren't on the whole arsed about culture, all they care about is success. Since the Internet became everywhere from the palm of your hand to having a [Poor language removed] at 30,000 ft we've won sod all.
Not really true at all. Most Americans abhor the bandwagon fan and are more apt to choose a team that hasn't won the league in a while, but is still moderately successful and will be regularly shown on TV here. Example: Arsenal

Not really true at all. Most Americans abhor the bandwagon fan and are more apt to choose a team that hasn't won the league in a while, but is still moderately successful and will be regularly shown on TV here. Example: Arsenal
If you think Arsenal are moderately successful then you're a lunatic, they're in the top 3 biggest clubs in the country easily

And I find it ironic how you can abhor a bandwagon fan when let's face it, pretty much all Americans are 'bandwagon' fans.

Not wishing to open this tired debate I'll bow out SSB, and please don't think I'm calling you a bandwagon jumper.

If you think Arsenal are moderately successful then you're a lunatic, they're in the top 3 biggest clubs in the country easily

And I find it ironic how you can abhor a bandwagon fan when let's face it, pretty much all Americans are 'bandwagon' fans.

Not wishing to open this tired debate I'll bow out SSB, and please don't think I'm calling you a bandwagon jumper.
No worries. I didn't take offense. Obviously in the domestic scheme of things Arsenal is a power, but on a global scale for American fans they're competing with other leagues as well. All I meant is that they aren't Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Man U in the eyes of the average American supporter.

We had the two most recognizable American footballers at the club and Everton did nothing to capitalize on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.