Evertons best team 69/70 , 84/85 squads (77/78 + 78/79 optional * )

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey 62

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Apologies if done before , also in no way do I profess to being an expert IMO this is my personal choices

anyway here goes !

Being born as an Evertonian I started appreciating Everton from 69/70 , I have picked IMO my best players from the 69/70 , 84/85 + 86/87 league winning squads - I have added a ruling - you can only pick max 6 players from any of these squads

* As personal and optional choice - (as I was back in the UK at that time and consider these teams being highly unfortunate not to win trophies) - in brackets I have included players from the 77/78 + 78/79 squads - (you can do the same with any other years squads if you like ? )

Goal Keeper - Southall
Backs - T Wright , Van Den Hauwe , Ratcliffe , Labone ( Lyons )
Midfield - Harvey , Kendall , Ball ( King )
Forwards - Royle , Heath , T Steven ( Latchford , Thomas , Mckenzie )

First
Apologies if done before , also in no way do I profess to being an expert IMO this is my personal choices

anyway here goes !

Being born as an Evertonian I started appreciating Everton from 69/70 , I have picked IMO my best players from the 69/70 , 84/85 + 86/87 league winning squads - I have added a ruling - you can only pick max 6 players from any of these squads

* As personal and optional choice - (as I was back in the UK at that time and consider these teams being highly unfortunate not to win trophies) - in brackets I have included players from the 77/78 + 78/79 squads - (you can do the same with any other years squads if you like ? )

Goal Keeper - Southall
Been done to death in the last 6mts
3rd 86 - 87
2nd 62 - 63
Deadheat for first 69 -70 / 84 - 85
Tie breaker
84 - 85 just shade it 20 frames to 19...
Reason 69-70 would score the most 147s but 84-85 would win more of the tight frames, the 56 - 59 ones because tnay hated to lose that little bit more
But if you give me one go in the TARDIS or De Lorean, I'd go back to 1969 and watch it all again
Edit not exactly what you wanted but hey, its what you got

First

Been done to death in the last 6mts
3rd 86 - 87
2nd 62 - 63
Deadheat for first 69 -70 / 84 - 85
Tie breaker
84 - 85 just shade it 20 frames to 19...
Reason 69-70 would score the most 147s but 84-85 would win more of the tight frames, the 56 - 59 ones because tnay hated to lose that little bit more
But if you give me one go in the TARDIS or De Lorean, I'd go back to 1969 and watch it all again
Edit not exactly what you wanted but hey, its what you got

Thought must have be done before but not that recently TBH

anyway - win some lose some

Thanks for the reply and your choices

anyway here goes !

Goal Keeper - Southall
The Latch in brackets :rant:
2 day ban

Well it's the 84-85 side all the way for me. Even my dad, who was lucky enough to watch the great side of the 60s, had to admit that our european trophy winners were the better of the two.
But still a very close call.

Can we include the 86/87 team? If so;

Southall
Snodin Labone Ratcliffe Van Den Hauwe
Steven Reid Ball Sheedy
Heath Sharp

You are allowed 4 players from 62-63, 4 from 69-70 and 4 from 84-87 (one as substitute to make up the 12)

Labone, Young, Vernon, Kay from 62-63
Ball, Harvey, Kendall and Tommy Wright from 69-70 (nice and easy for you)
Southall, Psycho Pat, Ratcliffe, Sharpy from 84-87

Southall
Wright, Labby, Ratcliffe, Psycho Pat
Ball, Kendall, Kay
Young
Sharp, Vernon

sub: Colin Harvey

no room for Joe Royle, Tricky Trev, Kevin Sheedy either

Status
Not open for further replies.