Everton's Best Centre Half Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given it's only me that has said Keane, I assume this is at me?

Well, him not playing hasn't influenced my opinion at all.

10th August.

I’ve seen a few calls for him to come back in the aftermath of West Ham so wasn’t aimed at you. He’s a decent defender but I think his ability on the ball and lack of pace will always hurt us in the way Silva wants to play.

Who do you reckon?

If all fit, and you had to give 2 a run for the next 10 games...

I'd be inclined to go Mina and Keane. (Think we're desperate to build some continuity/understanding across the defence and with Zouma being on loan with no option to buy)

Well, I'd like to see Mina given a chance. And is Keane healthy yet? I can't tell whether I'd prefer Holgate or Zouma as the partner to Mina. Zouma is probably better today but Holgate might have a future in the club and Zouma likely does not.

If we're talking just ten games, for me it's Zouma and Mina. After the new year let's see how Keane and Holgate get along in the mix.

Mina and Zouma, Zoumas loan shouldnt be a factor, you play your best available pairing.

Think if we accept this season is transitional, then we accept the bigger picture being more important.

Not convinced Zouma is the best option available either, based on what I saw of him at Stoke and so far for Everton. I also don't think we wanted Zouma a great deal based on the timing, I don't think we would have signed him if Mina was fit.

There is a decent player in Keane, I honestly think that ,just like I still think there is a player inside Sniderlin. Zouma has been okay but for me I want to see Mina and Keane become a solid partnership, with Digne and Coleman and Pickford behind them, that’s got to be good.

Think if we accept this season is transitional, then we accept the bigger picture being more important.

Not convinced Zouma is the best either, based on what I saw of him at Stoke and so far for Everton. I don't think we wanted Zouma a great deal based on the timing, don't think we would have signed him if Mina was fit.

I like the boy, but also like you I think theres possibly a player in Keane.

I mean we all sticking Mina in, who hasnt even kicked a ball, so whos to say which is the best partnership, I just like the size of Mina and Zouma, both big massive units, if the partnership clicks then we have a wall for people to pass.

Zouma for sure has mistakes in him and as you say theres no buying price, but if we want to have a chance of keeping him, we must play him.

I just think we should give them a run in the side and see if its a partnership, as you say for 10 games, then if it doesnt work out try another combination.

More than anything we need to try and get a settled side, but its very difficult atm with all the injuries.

Would Silva be tempted to play a back three of Holgate (right) Mina (centre) and Zouma (left), thus jibbing off one of the centre mid crabs in favour of a more fluent ball playing option? Answers on a postcard please to @blue61, Brewers Arms, Chester.

Who do you reckon?

If all fit, and you had to give 2 a run for the next 10 games...

I'd be inclined to go Mina and Keane. (Think we're desperate to build some continuity/understanding across the defence and with Zouma being on loan with no option to buy)
Mina and Keane, expected more from Zouma and Holgate.

Would Silva be tempted to play a back three of Holgate (right) Mina (centre) and Zouma (left), thus jibbing off one of the centre mid crabs in favour of a more fluent ball playing option? Answers on a postcard please to @blue61, Brewers Arms, Chester.

If one (or two) of these can pass it may be better than playing both Schneiderlin and Gana, but the previous managers never could seem t make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.