Everton Youth Teams Thread

According to the Athletic, Brands has told Unsworth and the under 23s staff that they have to play 4231 and play from the back

Which shouldn't have to be asked.

Unsworth should be playing exactly how the first team play as it allows Youth players to have an easier transition.

The fact that David Unsworth is 8 years into his tenure at the U23's and this hasn't been drilled in, is just laughable to be honest.

Which shouldn't have to be asked.

Unsworth should be playing exactly how the first team play as it allows Youth players to have an easier transition.

The fact that David Unsworth is 8 years into his tenure at the U23's and this hasn't been drilled in, is just laughable to be honest.
Still early days
It's a long term project
We must be patient
If the youth teams play exactly how the firstteam plays then we will be in the Conference soon
Give Unsie full freedom. Jose and Jeffers are the future

According to the Athletic, Brands has told Unsworth and the under 23s staff that they have to play 4231 and play from the back

The article seems to suggest the club haven't restarted talks about a new contract either...?

Imagine being Dobbin or Simms seeing the likes of Iwobi and Rondon getting first team game time. lol

The article seems to suggest the club haven't restarted talks about a new contract either...?

Imagine being Dobbin or Simms seeing the likes of Iwobi and Rondon getting first team game time. lol

No progress with Dobbin yeah. He can sign for free with a european side from January. We might only get some compensation again, like with Small.

This is what happens when you sign older players well past their best and block the development of young players. Why Benitez was allowed to sign Rondon is genuinely beyond me. I can't blame any young forward at the club for wanting out, the team isn't being selected on merit.

we dont have anyone to play the one upfront though, cannon cant hold the ball up well enough and its pointless dropping simms back to the u23s for that.

Long term I would agree, but not in the next few weeks. The lad needs to play to get fully fit.

Gbamin should be playing too. I don't understand how we expect to get someone who was out for 2 years fit without playing matches.

Long term I would agree, but not in the next few weeks. The lad needs to play to get fully fit.

Gbamin should be playing too. I don't understand how we expect to get someone who was out for 2 years fit without playing matches.

yes i would have given gbamin game time for the u23s but at this point benitez seems to have made up his mind hes not going to be using him anyway.