Everton Youth Teams Thread

Was wondering … he’s linked on wiki as a youth player with Everton and also the commentators mentioned it too. Must be an affiliated club as suggested ????

Jarrad Branthwaite started and played full 90 minutes in England U20s 5-0 away win against Czech Republic. He had 6 on his back , I watched the first 5 mins of a recording and he was playing left CB in a back four

If he can play LB he may just be a temporary answer as back up to Digne. At his size he'll never be a long term answer but a better option than permanently injured Delph and Godfrey who should be one of the 2 first choice CBs.

Decent article about Mallon and his battle back from a stress fracture.. as said not great thing for a youngster to have to sit out and deal with.. not sure how he’ll progress but always been impressed with him.. his ability and his stature.. seems quick enough, strong and big enough, and impressive up and down the pitch… seems to affect the game more than his team mates in the same position… one I’m watching…

If he can play LB he may just be a temporary answer as back up to Digne. At his size he'll never be a long term answer but a better option than permanently injured Delph and Godfrey who should be one of the 2 first choice CBs.
Agree , he’s not a long term left back but it may be a position that gives him more game time in the PL as a Baines back up. In the bits I saw last night Branthwaite was doing the things we know he can , dominant in the air with good heading, strong defending and calmly playing the ball out with his left foot. The usual question will come up in January, is he better learning his trade on the periphery of our first team or going on loan to the Championship.

Agree , he’s not a long term left back but it may be a position that gives him more game time in the PL as a Baines back up. In the bits I saw last night Branthwaite was doing the things we know he can , dominant in the air with good heading, strong defending and calmly playing the ball out with his left foot. The usual question will come up in January, is he better learning his trade on the periphery of our first team or going on loan to the Championship.
For me it’s simple. If you want the manager to think of you and pick you.. train with him every day and show him what you got.. and especially show him you will listen and learn from him.

Decent article about Mallon and his battle back from a stress fracture.. as said not great thing for a youngster to have to sit out and deal with.. not sure how he’ll progress but always been impressed with him.. his ability and his stature.. seems quick enough, strong and big enough, and impressive up and down the pitch… seems to affect the game more than his team mates in the same position… one I’m watching…
The Mallon article: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-didnt-expect-it-evertons-21821720

For me he would stay. I'd rather him learn off Premier League coaches with Premier League players around. Also if a couple of injuries strike he may get an unexpected chance that he might seize. I know people complain about the standard at u23s so his target should be for them never to score against us where he could have stopped it. The argument about him blocking players off would be countered as I would send Astley out on loan and he is actually older than Branthwaite. They are both just 19 so hardly the ages that Pennington et al were. I would rather Branthwaite partner one of Holgate or Keane than them 2 partner each other. If he's comfortable either foot that is such an advantage. I really hope they don't loan him out.

There was a single pick of Ryan Astley training with the first team this week , and with Mina travelling back, Branthwaite playing mid week it would look to be an opportunity to have him as bench cover against WHU.
Don't think he makes the bench, Mina and Branthwaite will be back and the other 3 are also fit. Likely just making up the numbers for training. Will be interesting to see if Dobbin can still make the bench though given DCL and Richarlisons imminent return especially given the contract situation.

Everton u18s return from the 2 week break tomorrow with a game in the premier league cup home to West Ham with an 11am ko, its a game Everton have to win or they may go out the comp with one game to go
--
While Everton u23s are home Monday night at 7pm v Leeds, looking for only there 2nd win after losing 5 of the 1st 8 games

Everton u18s team to face West Ham - [As ever this is the team that has appeared-so could always change through the game]

Leban, Mallon, Jones, Tierney, Samuels-Smith, Melcalfe, Butterfield, Barker, Heath, Lawrence, Sherif,
Subs Stewart, Jagne, Wright, Wilson, Djankpata