Everton Youth Teams Thread

Interesting to see if any of the Dobbin plays tonight as given who Benitez says is available there should be a couple of places available on the bench. I imagine 3rd GK and Dobbin might take them places. Surely this has got to be the incentive to players. I would also promote another outfield player possibly Whitaker and only have 1 GK on bench but I can't imagine them being that brave.

Interesting to see if any of the Dobbin plays tonight as given who Benitez says is available there should be a couple of places available on the bench. I imagine 3rd GK and Dobbin might take them places. Surely this has got to be the incentive to players. I would also promote another outfield player possibly Whitaker and only have 1 GK on bench but I can't imagine them being that brave.
From Dobbin‘s performances in the last 3 matches he isn’t deserving of being on the bench tomorrow. He’s looked sharp and pacy but never really looked like taking a game by the scruff of the neck and scoring . He’s been frequently dominated by big centre backs and needs to take a step up if he’s to be considered for the first team.

None of the youth 'prospects' particularly impressed to the extent of standing out in the last game or two (for example, I thought Mills had the worst game I've seen him play and he is keeping out Mallon, who did well last year). Anderson and Butterfield at least appeared steady but with both I would suspect that their professional career, if they do make it that far, will be in lower leagues.

1632503096496.png

Leban rightly dropped imo. No Cannon and Dobbin possibly indicating first team involvement? Though that would be harsh on Whitaker
That leaves us well short up front would be a surprise if cannon is involved at first team level and no kouyate yet think he did play for the u18s last Saturday so maybe building up his fitnesd

Last edited:
I doubt Cannon would make the squad even thought he's a striker. Barely getting mins for the U23's these days.
I'm doubtful too but I still think he's the best of our U23 strikers atm or most suitable for first team. A victim of the new younger age strategy not that that's a bad thing

That leaves us well short up front would be a surprise if cannon is involved at first team level and no kouyate yet think he did play for the u18s last Saturday so maybe building up his fitnesd
Not sure on the fascination with Kouyate myself. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets stuck in limbo a bit with the 18s possibly prioritising Okoronkwo and maybe Lawrence and Ebere and the 23s clearly not fancying him yet

Looks like a back 3 again but with John/Anderson as wing backs .
It could be a tough night for Whitaker if he’s on his own up front. Along with Astley and Anderson , for me Whitaker’s been one of our most consistent players. His workrate has been far ahead of Cannon and Dobbin as well as scoring goals. Cue crap game tonight ?‍♂️