Everton Youth Teams Thread

…wow, brilliant move for Jevons. He worked under the brilliant coaching of Colin Harvey when he was a youth team player for us. I always remember him saying Harvey demanded he worked back when the opposition had the ball despite him being a striker.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a loanee head to Sunderland in January.

He learned from the best, good luck to him.
Well they’ve already got Nathan Broadhead mate, Sunderland need to play him more before they get another one.

Well you’ve had two explanations, not sure why youre so obsessed by an event that was twelve months ago ,yet didn’t have enough interest to know we were taking part in this year‘s competition, or even that they’re u21s ?‍♂️.
Not obsessed,just interested. And U21-U23 bit pedantic...btw it's you're lol

Everton Under-18 assistant manager Phil Jevons has left the Club to join Sunderland as first-team coach.

Jevons had four years as Everton Under-16 head coach before switching to his Under-18 position in advance of the current season.

A graduate of Everton’s Academy, Jevons made nine senior appearances following a debut in March 1999, and played for a number Football League clubs, including Grimsby Town, Yeovil Town and Bristol City.

Everyone at Everton thanks Phil for his hard work and dedication and wishes him every success in his new post.

…we’ve got a pair of signed Cahill boots somewhere upstairs with this kids name printed on.
I did briefly wonder if Tim Cahill would be brought into the club on a more permanent basis, I know he’s got some of his coaching Licenses, but Assistant U18 Manager may not meet his aspirations with his commercial stuff as well.

Southern is a tremendous coach.
Neil Critchley at Blackpool is always in his ear to get him to join his ranks.
I remember a while back there was an article on Keith Southern where he was saying about his ambitions to move further up in his career. I’m not clear as to why the Southern/ Jevons switch occurred between u16/18 , maybe Jevons had expressed his own desire to progress, maybe having Southern in charge of a talented u16 group was what he wanted , it was written as a chance to freshen things up. With Jeffers moving on to Ipswich recently , we certainly seem to have created “ a pathway” for our coaches to progress. !

I remember a while back there was an article on Keith Southern where he was saying about his ambitions to move further up in his career. I’m not clear as to why the Southern/ Jevons switch occurred between u16/18 , maybe Jevons had expressed his own desire to progress, maybe having Southern in charge of a talented u16 group was what he wanted , it was written as a chance to freshen things up. With Jeffers moving on to Ipswich recently , we certainly seem to have created “ a pathway” for our coaches to progress. !
Yes good to see them moving on in a way. Could lead to them getting valuable experience and then coming back one day in another role. Duncan Ferguson should consider it too.