Everton Youth Teams Thread

U18s out of contract at the end of the season McIntyre, Lowey, Thompson and Higgins can't see any of them being offered contracts. Maybe Lowey and Higgins but with 9 players from that group already needing to be u23s and the players from the year below who have already made the leap it looks unlikely. I believe Davidson has already retired.

U23s out of contract Hansen, Barrett, John, Astley, Ouzounidis, Anderson, Collins. So far I believe John and Astley have been offered new contracts I would probably give Anderson another year as he is versatile and Small may get fast tracked. Hansen and Barrett are behind Tyrer and Leban and with Virginia possibly playing the occasional game I can't see any benefit in keeping them. Ouzounidis is now of an age where he needs to play first team football or he'll lose that competitive edge. Collins has just been unlucky with injuries but has lost so much development time I can't see him making it here. If he's still able to play will probably have to drop down a couple of levels and try and rebuild from there.

Older u23s out of contract Connolly, Pennington, Adeniran, Bowler, Broadhead. I might be tempted to offer a one year contract to either Bowler or Broadhead but would probably just release all 5. That will leave us with just Baningime and Markelo who both have a year left. I would try and get something for these 2 but failing that out on loan they would go again.
Are thinking of Bobby Carroll mate, the only Collins I recall was a defender Michael Collins who didn’t progress from the U18s a couple of seasons ago. Certainly Carroll has lost just about all the last two seasons , he looked very talented in his first year , but it’s tough decisions time for him.
Dylan Thompson was having a trial at Newcastle recently so he’s being allowed to find another club.

Whatever happened to him? Few decent loans like Cov then just sort of disappeared.
He got unlucky in his loan after Cov at Wigan. Started the season injured and then tore his Hamstring and was out 13 months. Played against our 23s a few weeks ago as part of his comeback but he's essentially lost over a full season of football.

Are thinking of Bobby Carroll mate, the only Collins I recall was a defender Michael Collins who didn’t progress from the U18s a couple of seasons ago. Certainly Carroll has lost just about all the last two seasons , he looked very talented in his first year , but it’s tough decisions time for him.
Dylan Thompson was having a trial at Newcastle recently so he’s being allowed to find another club.

You are spot on I was thinking Bobby Carroll. Ha ha.

I like to see the young lad get a run in the first team next season in the league cup games ithink this lad will score goals in the premiership for Everton.

The Quarter-final Games are now Confirmed for The FA Youth Cup after the 5th round was just completed mins ago, Also Good to see that the Newcastle, Villa, West ham, Everton and Sheff Utd Games were all Streamed Live - Leicester refused Liverpool permission to show their game live though lol

Quarter-final ties must be played by Saturday 1 May 2021.

Newcastle United v Aston Villa
2 Liverpool v Arsenal
3 Ipswich Town v Sheffield United
4 West Brom v Everton

--------------------------------
Fifth Round Results

Newcastle United 3 Watford 2
2 Aston Villa 9 Burton Albion 0
3 West Ham United 1 Arsenal 3
4 Sheffield United 3 Bristol City 1
5 Leicester City 1 Liverpool 5
6 Chelsea 1 Everton 2
7 Tottenham Hotspur 0 West Brom 5
8 Middlesbrough 0 Ipswich Town 1

7th placed Everton u23s are back in action Monday at 4pm knowing a win will move them to 5th for a few hours at least, if they can win at 11th placed West ham who are out the relegation placed on GD-the Game is not been showing Live by West Ham despite west ham showing their u18s game Live from the same ground just a few days ago [so you need Everton to],
---------------
while as said 8th placed Everton u18s are in action Tuesday 6.30 away to 10th placed stoke a team which Everton have suffered big defeats at the last few years, That is the 1st of 2 Tuesday games in a row [Man city at finch farm week Tuesday] which i think will become 3 soon [when Wolves is moved maybe for youth cup game]

It will be a shame if Bobby Carroll has to drop out of football because of injuries, maybe give him another twelve months to see if he can recover from those injuries, he looked a very good prospect before they interrupted his career.

It will be a shame if Bobby Carroll has to drop out of football because of injuries, maybe give him another twelve months to see if he can recover from those injuries, he looked a very good prospect before they interrupted his career.
We’ve done that recently with the likes of Kieran Phillips who missed a couple of years through injury but got contract extensions. It’s an odd quirk that the better you are , the earlier you are likely to get a contract and this can sometimes count against you. Usually good contracts are three years , but rounded down so they finish in June. Carroll got nominally “3 years” in Jan 2019 but effectively 2 1/2 years so finishes in June 21. His midfield partner in the u18s at the time was Mackenzie Hunt who didn’t get his 3 year contract until six months after Carroll in June 2019, so he gets his full 3 years until 2022. !
On past decisions you would think he’d get another 12 months, and I’d be happy with that. But I’m soft. The new pragmatism we have probably says the younger players Price, Whitaker, Butterfield, Onyango, McAllister, Warrington are coming up ahead of him now. A tough decision.

We’ve done that recently with the likes of Kieran Phillips who missed a couple of years through injury but got contract extensions. It’s an odd quirk that the better you are , the earlier you are likely to get a contract and this can sometimes count against you. Usually good contracts are three years , but rounded down so they finish in June. Carroll got nominally “3 years” in Jan 2019 but effectively 2 1/2 years so finishes in June 21. His midfield partner in the u18s at the time was Mackenzie Hunt who didn’t get his 3 year contract until six months after Carroll in June 2019, so he gets his full 3 years until 2022. !
On past decisions you would think he’d get another 12 months, and I’d be happy with that. But I’m soft. The new pragmatism we have probably says the younger players Price, Whitaker, Butterfield, Onyango, McAllister, Warrington are coming up ahead of him now. A tough decision.
Yes fair enough, you’re like me, you’re not soft you’ve got a heart, I hope someone who makes these decisions has got one as well!!

The Quarter-final Games are now Confirmed for The FA Youth Cup after the 5th round was just completed mins ago, Also Good to see that the Newcastle, Villa, West ham, Everton and Sheff Utd Games were all Streamed Live - Leicester refused Liverpool permission to show their game live though lol

Quarter-final ties must be played by Saturday 1 May 2021.

Newcastle United v Aston Villa
2 Liverpool v Arsenal
3 Ipswich Town v Sheffield United
4 West Brom v Everton

--------------------------------
Fifth Round Results

Newcastle United 3 Watford 2
2 Aston Villa 9 Burton Albion 0
3 West Ham United 1 Arsenal 3
4 Sheffield United 3 Bristol City 1
5 Leicester City 1 Liverpool 5
6 Chelsea 1 Everton 2
7 Tottenham Hotspur 0 West Brom 5
8 Middlesbrough 0 Ipswich Town 1

Date/time still at the minute not confirmed for west brom game

FA YOUTH CUP SEMI FINAL DRAW

Ipswich Town or Sheffield United v Liverpool or Arsenal
Newcastle United or Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion or Everton
------------------------------------------------------------
Semi-finals to be played by Saturday 15 May, while the Final by Saturday 29 May.

Team away to West Ham - 4pm KO [not on west ham website]

EVERTON u23s

Tyrer, John, Nkounkou, Small, Ouzounidis, Anderson, Price, Whitaker, Broadhead, Hughes, Bowler
Subs: Luk-Leban, Mallon, Warrington, Welch, Cannon.

WEST HAM u23s

Randolph, Fredericks, Longelo, Coventry, Balbuena, Alves, Corbett, Potts, Lanzini, Odebeko, Diallo.
Subs: Laing, Anang, Forson, Rosa, Dju

Team away to West Ham - 4pm KO [not on west ham website]

EVERTON u23s

Tyrer, John, Nkounkou, Small, Ouzounidis, Anderson, Price, Whitaker, Broadhead, Hughes, Bowler
Subs: Luk-Leban, Mallon, Warrington, Welch, Cannon.

WEST HAM u23s

Randolph, Fredericks, Longelo, Coventry, Balbuena, Alves, Corbett, Potts, Lanzini, Odebeko, Diallo.
Subs: Laing, Anang, Forson, Rosa, Dju
Randolph, Fredericks, Balbuena, Lanzini... will be a good test.

Guns to a knife fight even.