Everton Youth Teams Thread

Simms smashing goals in for U23s and we’re still giving Sam Allardyce’s Cenk Tosun minutes. Mad world.
He's a strange one though, Jim. Apart from that lovely finish he did absolutely nothing and the Chelsea centre-half had him in his pocket. Admittedly the service to him was poor but there were enough times when the ball did reach him and he gave it away with a poor pass or touch. If he wants to play in the 1st team he needs to do more for me. Agree with you about Cenk though!

He's a strange one though, Jim. Apart from that lovely finish he did absolutely nothing and the Chelsea centre-half had him in his pocket. Admittedly the service to him was poor but there were enough times when the ball did reach him and he gave it away with a poor pass or touch. If he wants to play in the 1st team he needs to do more for me. Agree with you about Cenk though!

Fair enough I don’t really watch much U23s. Just see that he scores quite a lot and think surely he’s deserving of a chance but sure the manager knows more than me. Just can’t stand the fact Tosun is still at our club getting minutes. Every time I see him I’m reminded that Sam Allardyce was once our manager and it pains me!

Everton Under-23s boss David Unsworth said his side delivered a complete team performance after the young Blues beat reigning Premier League 2 champions Chelsea 2-0 at Southport FC on Sunday.

Well-taken second-half goals from Ellis Simms and Tyler Onyango secured three points for the Toffees, who move up to seventh in the table and within three points of third-placed Chelsea.

Every member of Unsworth’s side made a tangible contribution towards a tremendous victory - and the Blues manager paid tribute to the quality, hunger and application of his players.

Several of Everton's young talents now head off on international duty, with the young Blues back in action on Friday 20 November against Arsenal.

“It was a great performance against Chelsea, probably the best we’ve played all season,” Unsworth enthused.

“Every department, every unit, every player gave their maximum in terms of effort and desire.

"Our game plan was fantastic and we got the goals at great times.

“It was a perfect game for us and it had to be because Chelsea are a top team but we’ve turned them over, and quite convincingly in my opinion.

“It’s a tough league this year but we’re a good team and when we play like that not many will beat us.”

Everton Under-23s boss David Unsworth said his side delivered a complete team performance after the young Blues beat reigning Premier League 2 champions Chelsea 2-0 at Southport FC on Sunday.

Well-taken second-half goals from Ellis Simms and Tyler Onyango secured three points for the Toffees, who move up to seventh in the table and within three points of third-placed Chelsea.

Every member of Unsworth’s side made a tangible contribution towards a tremendous victory - and the Blues manager paid tribute to the quality, hunger and application of his players.

Several of Everton's young talents now head off on international duty, with the young Blues back in action on Friday 20 November against Arsenal.

“It was a great performance against Chelsea, probably the best we’ve played all season,” Unsworth enthused.

“Every department, every unit, every player gave their maximum in terms of effort and desire.

"Our game plan was fantastic and we got the goals at great times.

“It was a perfect game for us and it had to be because Chelsea are a top team but we’ve turned them over, and quite convincingly in my opinion.

“It’s a tough league this year but we’re a good team and when we play like that not many will beat us.”
Unsie's definition of the word 'great' differs from mine.

I agree, though, that his game plan worked, although 'fantastic' is dubious despite the result; and the players' effort and desire was admirable, none more so than Pennington, who may have no future with us but will surely have a decent career elsewhere.

As always, thanks to @Ring master for his sterling efforts on this thread.

Unsie's definition of the word 'great' differs from mine.

I agree, though, that his game plan worked, although 'fantastic' is dubious despite the result; and the players' effort and desire was admirable, none more so than Pennington, who may have no future with us but will surely have a decent career elsewhere.

As always, thanks to @Ring master for his sterling efforts on this thread.
he may get a wriggle on, he'll be past his peak soon! lol

Simms smashing goals in for U23s and we’re still giving Sam Allardyce’s Cenk Tosun minutes. Mad world.
I think we need patience with Simms and realise that the gulf between under 23 and first team football is huge.

DCL more or less started working with the first team immediately after arriving at the club and it has taken him a few years to get established.
Simms will be similar, there is so much for professional players to learn technically before they are ready.
I am told that it is like going back to school where there are so many different " plays" written down which every player has to learn and become familar with before they are even considered.
It is not like going out for a kick in the park with your friends.

A few minute highlights of the u18s defeat to man utd have now appeared via man utd website

Cheers for that, a better product than we produce at FF and without the annoying music.
It looked like we started off with 5-3-2, with Welch, Kristensen, Campbell the centre backs, Small out on left wing back. My eyes not good enough to identify who was on the right, Mills maybe , with McAllister , Butterfield, Price middle three, Dobbin and Cannon up front. A good headed chance for Cannon not taken at 1-0 . It looked like we switched to a conventional back 4 at the end with Welch/ Campbell centre backs. Any help filling in the gaps would be appreciated.

You just know if Ellis Simms was an RS player.... Bournemouth and the likes would be bidding £30m plus for him now. Unless we get them in the first team to do it then the potential suitors aren't impressed.... Its the hill our club has to climb.

You just know if Ellis Simms was an RS player.... Bournemouth and the likes would be bidding £30m plus for him now. Unless we get them in the first team to do it then the potential suitors aren't impressed.... Its the hill our club has to climb.
Coincidently I was reading two posts on Rhian Brewster , one saying it was Liverpool‘ s usual con of getting top wack for a player who’s not PL standard , the other defending him , so it looks like the jury is still out but the RS ability to get money for their youngsters is recognised beyond us.

Coincidently I was reading two posts on Rhian Brewster , one saying it was Liverpool‘ s usual con of getting top wack for a player who’s not PL standard , the other defending him , so it looks like the jury is still out but the RS ability to get money for their youngsters is recognised beyond us.
The jury is defo out on Brewster..... But Solanke?? Its the big bucks paid before the jury hear the case that p's me off!

reading had a defender out the other match and chose an academy player over Gibson, may as well come back.

Edit, as usual I am behind the times, I didn't realise he played at the weekend, it's early lol. He boobed as well not good.

Last edited: