Everton Youth Teams Thread

The video clearly hasn’t reached mainstream GOT yet or we’d have at least two “ Tom Cannon “ threads by now.
And so far his agent seems to be sleeping on the job , so I’ll be the first to say it : “ I hear Bayern Munich and Dortmund are interested in him as he hasn’t signed a pro contract yet” .:)
I'd imagine he's too busy mourning the sad news today about Ball to think about signing contracts.

5th placed Everton u18s with 3 wins from 5 games are away to 2nd placed Middlesbrough with 4 wins from 5 games,Middlesbrough got top with win
Everton usually find it tough playing at Middlesbrough

Everton u18s Team - 12.30pm ko

Leban, Kristensen, Higgins, Small, Thompson, Butterfield, Price, McAllister, Whitaker, Dobbin, Cannon,
Subs Stewart, Campbell, Lowey, Warrington, Kouyate

Middlesbrough u18s go top with a 2-0 win over Everton u18s, Everton stay 5th

Everton u18s are back in action home Tuesday to Leeds u18s with a 3pm ko in the rearranged Game from few weeks ago, knowing a win will move them up to 4th at most - Everton not scoring in 2 league games in a row has not happened for 3 and a half years till now

Cannon heads over from a corner on 55mins then has shot saved on 56mins
Kristensen has header over from corner on 60mins
Cannon shoots over on 70mins
Middlesbrough hit bar on 73mins
Cannon just wide on 75mins
Cannon over on 77mins

Middlesbrough u18s go top with a 2-0 win over Everton u18s, Everton stay 5th

Everton u18s are back in action home Tuesday to Leeds u18s with a 3pm ko in the rearranged Game from few weeks ago, knowing a win will move them up to 4th at most - Everton not scoring in 2 league games in a row has not happened for 3 and a half years till now

Cannon heads over from a corner on 55mins then has shot saved on 56mins
Kristensen has header over from corner on 60mins
Cannon shoots over on 70mins
Middlesbrough hit bar on 73mins
Cannon just wide on 75mins
Cannon over on 77mins
Stop scoring blammos and just put it in the net Tom ffs!! :eek: lol

Everton Under-18s boss Paul Tait has urged his team to use their 2-0 defeat at top-of-the-table Middlesbrough on Saturday afternoon as a valuable learning experience.

Josh Coburn gave the home side the lead 17 minutes in before Pharrell Willis doubled Middlesbrough's advantage on 49 minutes.

The young Blues carved out opportunities as they strived to battle their way back into the game but could not make a breakthrough.

Everton are fifth in the U18 Premier League (North) division and return to action on Tuesday when Leeds United visit USM Finch Farm (3pm).

"We created a couple of half-chances in the first half, but we never really got going in possession of the ball," Tait told evertonfc.com.

"The game was a bit stop-start and was played in horrendous conditions. But we didn’t do enough in possession.

"In the second half we started really brightly, we changed the formation, and we wanted to try to get our midfield players on the ball a little bit more.

"But we conceded another goal through an individual error.

"The rest of the game was about trying to break Middlesbrough down and we created a couple of really good chances, but we couldn’t take them.

"It was just one of those days. We’ve got to learn from it.

"We’ve got another game coming up soon against Leeds and we want to improve, both with and without the ball."

@BlueBailey Helllo mate, do you know why the Everton u18s game v Leeds has been moved from tomorrow [Tuesday] to Tuesday 1st december-someone got the bug again ?

-------------------------------------------------
Game at Man utd u18s will not be Live on MUTV saturday [due to the 1st team game as they build up the 1st team match]
Everton u23s is LIVE on chelsea website sunday 1pm ko

@BlueBailey Helllo mate, do you know why the Everton u18s game v Leeds has been moved from tomorrow [Tuesday] to Tuesday 1st december-someone got the bug again ?

-------------------------------------------------
Game at Man utd u18s will not be Live on MUTV saturday [due to the 1st team game as they build up the 1st team match]
Everton u23s is LIVE on chelsea website sunday 1pm ko
No Sorry I don't. Nothing has been clearly communicated. I can only assume the same as you.

John Ebbrell promoted to Head of Academy Coaching. Heard Sean Lundon has left the club
I must admit apart from the few obvious names it’s hard to figure out at times who does what in our U23s / Academy. Any builds / corrections of this would be appreciated. This is what I believe :
So, Unsworth is U23s Manager and Director of Academy .
Franny Jeffers is now the only Assistant U23 Manager.
Baines does Professional development with the youngsters.
Joel Waldron has a vague title of Academy Chief Operating officer.
Ebbrell is now Head of Academy Coaching, which seems to me to be less hands on than his previous role, reports to Unsworth.
Paul Tait as u18 coach reports to Ebbrell , as do u16s and other Academy coaches.
Chris Perkins who we got from Derby as Academy Recruitment Manager is in the mix, but haven’t heard much of him lately , presumably reports to Ebbrell or maybe Unsworth?

At U23s , Unsworth now has more responsibility, liaises more with Brands/ Carlo , but has lost his right hand man in coaching, leaving just Jeffers, so the U23s coaching staff appears reduced.

If this was the industries I’ve worked in this would be announced as.
“ Sean Lundon has left to pursue opportunities elsewhere and John Ebbrell has accepted a promotion to become Head of Academy Coaching.
Leighton Baines will have a more direct involvement in U23s coaching going forward as assistant manager (defence) .......”
That last bit is just an educated guess, but it seems we need to beef up the hands-on coaching team now at U23s .
Baines/Jeffers partnership would also nicely mirror the Davide Ancelotti/ Big Dunc roles with the first team so maybe possible.

Last edited: