Everton Youth Teams Thread

I think you're right actually, can't find any evidence of Onyango with the first team so put this down as me misremembering! I suppose that means one of the 12 players I mentioned is injured then
They haven’t updated the list on the official site yet and Jon Anderson ( 2nd Anderson) on your list has left. Despite also being on the OS I wouldn’t think Liam Higgins is with the U23s yet , he only made one appearance off the bench for the U23s last season. Nathan Broadhead didn’t play during lockdown so he’s likely back In training. We’ll get some pics soon .

What kind of player is Carroll? Never seen him play or know much about him. However he's seemingly highly rated not an accurate measure I know but in FM he develops into a well rounded tough energiser bunny type midfielder would that describe his style?
Yes, very much describes him, also with a goal or two in him, plus a good organiser.

What kind of player is Carroll? Never seen him play or know much about him. However he's seemingly highly rated not an accurate measure I know but in FM he develops into a well rounded tough energiser bunny type midfielder would that describe his style?
I’m curious, I don’t know anything about FM or how it works ( I know, bad eh! ) . As has been said, it’s a decent summary of his style, so who decides that and writes him up and what is it based on? Carroll had an excellent 1st season at u18, but last season his bright start was curtailed by an injury in November. I’m surprised he’s registered on a site like FM, but as I say I know nothing. Any other of our 18/ 17 year old there?

We are supposedly officially suppose to be finding out how the u18s/u23s league ends today [or this week] which has took way longer than it should do to confirm, based on ppg - It wont have any effect on Everton u18s who should stay 3rd, with Everton u23s going down a place to 8th from the 7th they were

They haven’t updated the list on the official site yet and Jon Anderson ( 2nd Anderson) on your list has left. Despite also being on the OS I wouldn’t think Liam Higgins is with the U23s yet , he only made one appearance off the bench for the U23s last season. Nathan Broadhead didn’t play during lockdown so he’s likely back In training. We’ll get some pics soon .

I think he might mean Joe Anderson.

I think he might mean Joe Anderson.

Sorry should have read your whole quote thought his list was by position so when I seen just one Anderson in defenders didn't realise he had listed twice!!‍

As said yesterday now Official

We are supposedly officially suppose to be finding out how the u18s/u23s league ends today [or this week] which has took way longer than it should do to confirm, based on ppg - It wont have any effect on Everton u18s who should stay 3rd, with Everton u23s going down a place to 8th from the 7th they were

Everton Under-23s and Under-18s’ final league positions for 2019/20 have been decided after clubs agreed to determine the standings on a points-per-game basis.

The ruling means David Unsworth’s Under-23s finish eighth in Premier League 2, with Chelsea crowned champions.

Wolves have been relegated to the second tier of Premier League 2, with West Ham United and Manchester United promoted to the top division.

Everton Under-18s – led by Paul Tait – have secured a third-place finish in the U18 Premier League (North), which has been won by Manchester City.

Dates and fixtures for the 2020/21 season will be announced on evertonfc.com in due course.

I’ve just seen that Manchester United are not releasing any of their under 19s due to the impact of Covid and how they will struggle in if they can’t find a club, if there are clubs willing to take the players in the current climate. I thought this is a massive gesture and I hope we follow suit.

But the belief of Everton's recruitment team, built up over a year of monitoring him and 'several' trips to France to watch him in the flesh, is that he has the physical attributes to thrive in the Premier League.
People who know Nkounkou talk up his pace and power - "the profile of a modern left-back" they say - who is also strong in one-v-one defensive situations.

At Marseille, comparisons with their former left-back Taye Taiwo were made, while the people around Nkounkou believe he has a similar profile and attributes to Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy and Ferland Mendy, of Real Madrid.
His favourite player in his position in Real's Brazilian left-back Marcelo.

Unsworth, having seen the player up close for the first time this week, has talked of a "great athlete" but where Nkounkou will develop, first with the u-23s and then Ancelotti, is from a tactical point of view and learning how to play the position at the top level.
Everton were also hoping he would learn from both Lucas Digne and Leighton Baines, over the course of the next 12 months, but the latter's retirement has left the Blues now scouring the market for a replacement.

The plan is, Nkounkou will spend most of the season playing for Everton's second string but the expectation is that he will train with Ancelotti's squad as soon as possible, with the senior players due back later this month.
Hope is that he will "progress fast".
Ancelotti's influence on helping Everton beat off competition from Juventus and RB Leipzig has been well documented but Nkounkou had been on the club's radar while Marco Silva was still in charge.
Small info piece from Kirkbride on Nkounkou.

I’ve just seen that Manchester United are not releasing any of their under 19s due to the impact of Covid and how they will struggle in if they can’t find a club, if there are clubs willing to take the players in the current climate. I thought this is a massive gesture and I hope we follow suit.
We’ve already released our u18s , only two if I remember right, and a few of the U23s too that were out of contract.

I’m curious, I don’t know anything about FM or how it works ( I know, bad eh! ) . As has been said, it’s a decent summary of his style, so who decides that and writes him up and what is it based on? Carroll had an excellent 1st season at u18, but last season his bright start was curtailed by an injury in November. I’m surprised he’s registered on a site like FM, but as I say I know nothing. Any other of our 18/ 17 year old there?
Players have current ability and potential ability it's at a max of 200 rule of thumb is 170 plus world class, 150 plus very good player, 120-150 good premier league player depending on stat distribution. All of the first year scholars from last year are in the game it's pretty in-depth SI has individual scouts for most big teams. Not sure who does the everton data base.

Only mentioned it because I've done 3 long term saves and he has developed very similarly on all three times. Hes handy in game not outstanding attributes but has good stamina, speed and workrate stats

Indeed. Carroll should have recovered from his knee op and be raring to go, scored a few goals too, I hope he’s grown a bit or comparisons with Liam Walsh will be inevitable .If we don’t loan out / move on Beni and Adeniran , Onyango should get one midfield spot which leaves a lot of competition for maybe 1 maybe 2 positions.
Really

I always thought the U23s played with 5 CMs. Except when they play 5 at the back and only use 4