Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sadly Kieran Phillips was hit more savagely than most by injuries, his goals at U18s level were when he was playing over age, then more injuries so difficult to tell how good a goalscorer as he’s never played a full season probably since he was 15/16. Coaches though will have an understanding of his potential and we‘re then in the dilemma that’s come up a lot recently : Do we give him a bit longer with us or let him go and help him find another club. The reality is he wouldhave been in and around the u23s this season if he was highly thought of.
Didn't we loan him out to another U23 team like Sunderland or something or he trialed with them?

Can't find any stats online but swear he scored a hattrick recently.
Kieran Phillips has scored six goals in 6 games for the Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team since end of Jan on loan from us, including a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over Blackpool.,has done well to even be back playing TBF after been out for over 2 years-should be playing for Huddersfield v wigan in prem league cup tomorrow [friday]

His hattrick on here

Pen here

2 goals here

Interview in march with him,that wigan game he did not play in at all via interview

Anyone know much about this lad

Attachments

• DEF49ECC-40DD-4814-A0F6-05E1CEE8420B.jpeg
    DEF49ECC-40DD-4814-A0F6-05E1CEE8420B.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 212

Anyone know much about this lad
Yeah Thierry Small, he got a few mentions on here before lockdown . He’s featured in maybe 3 or4 games for our u18 this year . He’s still a Schoolboy but he looks well built I described him as being built like a middleweight but maybe that’s a bit much , looks chunky compared to other left backs like Joe Anderson/ Matty Foulds say who are tall and thin. Haven’t seen him in the flesh so my impression from streams of a couple of matches may be wrong.
Anyway we’ve played him at left back mainly or maybe a bit further forward . He used to play in the same England youth set up as Onyango, Dobbin, Rhys Welch but I don’t think he’s appeared there in the past year or so . The fact that he played LB ahead of a couple of other good young LBs is promising .We’ve got into a great habit this season of promoting promising Schoolboys up early to see what they can do.Certainly one with promise to watch out for next season.

Last edited: