Everton Youth Teams Thread

what's Beni upto these days? I thought he'd have been in and around the first team by now.
basically this

Interesting comments on Beni. Seems he's been injured on and off for the last 12 months, which would explain him being missing whilst on loan last season.

I do hope that's the case because out of all our young players he was the one I had the highest hopes for.

Even Burnley understand the need to translate systems down age groups:

Some interesting comments in there. The “4-4-2 formation is best for youngster‘s education/ development “ I’ve seen that quite often and certainly reflects our u18s. Maybe we could learn a few things , they mention u18s training with the first team for assessment by Dyche as a norm and they try to ensure all players get a game by putting them out to non-league teams .
Our ex scholar Max Thompson got a few mentions. He really didn’t make an impact for us , mainly coming on as a sub a few times but can’t recall him making any starts in the .league or youth cup.

Obviously all quiet on the Youth scene , but we had three players in amongst the leading goal scorers at U23s and u18s before the enforced break, Tom Cannon and Lewis Dobbin at u18 and Ellis Simms at U23s

Obviously all quiet on the Youth scene , but we had three players in amongst the leading goal scorers at U23s and u18s before the enforced break, Tom Cannon and Lewis Dobbin at u18 and Ellis Simms at U23s

View attachment 83160

View attachment 83159
Interesting to see George hirst at Leicester now scoring, we had been linked with him a few times but he ended up at a Belgian club I'm sure owned or part owned by the Leicester owners sure it meant they didn't have to pay a development fee to sheff wed

.....was thinking the stalling of this season will have an impact on the youngsters in limbo over whether they are being released or given their first professional contract.

They will have been looking to impress in these final months but decisions might have to be made on performance to date. The rewards can be so high for the few but it‘s still a ruthless business for most youngsters.

.....was thinking the stalling of this season will have an impact on the youngsters in limbo over whether they are being released or given their first professional contract.

They will have been looking to impress in these final months but decisions might have to be made on performance to date. The rewards can be so high for the few but it‘s still a ruthless business for most youngsters.
Yeah tough decisions ahead on some. For the u18s , just about everybody you’d expect to has been given a professional contract, some like Max Thompson have moved on and from memory I think there’s only two who haven’t been yet, Josh Hosie who’s played frequently at right back for the u18s and Jon Anderson , left back who seems to have lost his place to younger LBs. I would hope and believe that our club will not let anybody go unless they are in a position to find another club.

The other aspect are the new Scholars who would usually join in July. These have usually been notified by now. From the large number of players and their match appearances at u18 it looks like we have a decent crop of Schoolboys coming through. We’re obviously still a long way from normality though.

You certainly wouldn't want to be out of contract this summer as well. There is really not going to be a lot of offers about from league clubs either.

Yeah tough decisions ahead on some. For the u18s , just about everybody you’d expect to has been given a professional contract, some like Max Thompson have moved on and from memory I think there’s only two who haven’t been yet, Josh Hosie who’s played frequently at right back for the u18s and Jon Anderson , left back who seems to have lost his place to younger LBs. I would hope and believe that our club will not let anybody go unless they are in a position to find another club.

The other aspect are the new Scholars who would usually join in July. These have usually been notified by now. From the large number of players and their match appearances at u18 it looks like we have a decent crop of Schoolboys coming through. We’re obviously still a long way from normality though.

The under 16's is a good group. There's a black lad (who's name eludes me) who plays off the front and as a 10 who is very talented.