Everton Youth Teams Thread

Now i dont think i will be wrong in saying we will move 1 point behind 2nd place Liverpool who have just gone 5 -0 down at west brom after 33 mins lol same player has scored 4 of them and surely no comeback this time,make it 6-0 now [as long as we dont let our lead slip] been watching that one and man city v man utd

Last edited:
Now i dont think i will be wrong in saying we will move 1 point behind 2nd place Liverpool who have just gone 5 -0 down at west brom after 33 mins lol same player has scored 4 of them and surely no comeback this time,make it 6-0 now [as long as we dont let our lead slip] been watching that one and man city v man utd
To be fair we could have been 4 up on Liverpool in 30mins

To be fair we could have been 4 up on Liverpool in 30mins
Yep it was all Everton pretty much that 1st 43mins ,liverpool scored a tap in at end of the half after a great save by the west brom keeper,so was 6-1 then and still is with 26 to go,west brom nearly scored 3 more time sat start of 2nd half,keeper made decent save,one defelcted wde and west brom hit bar

6-2 west brom on 68mins
west brom hit bar again on 71

Last edited:
Liverpool will win 7-6. 2 pens and injury time winner.

FINAL SCORE
EVERTON U18S 4 BLACKBURN U18S 1 - Carroll, McAllister Cannon with 2
Blackburn score with last kick

---------
Other results/latest

Man City 1 Man utd 2
West Brom 6 Liverpool 2 - 73 gone
Derby 5 Wolves 0

-------
Premier League u18s Table

Man City 21 points from 9 games
Liverpool 19 Points from 9 games
Everton 18 points from 8 games
West Brom 16 points from 9 games -
Derby 15 points from 9 games
Man utd 14 points from 10 games
Wolves 14 points from 10 games
Stoke 13 points from 9 games

Everton u18s next League game is away to stoke in 3 weeks time,usually quite a few goals that game,
While the next u18s game is home to Norwich in the 3rd game of the u18s Premier League Cup - Everton just need to avoid defeat to be certain of going through,otherwise they will need to be one of the two best runners-up points wise from the 6 groups,

Just for the record Liverpool got there usual late goal as they have done so many matches for months,but lost 6-3,should have been 6-4 in injury time as well, Good job west brom were 6-0 up lol
Overall good day for Everton with the top 2 losing there 2nd games of the season
They remind me of watching a horror movie when the baddie has been stabbed and shot six times , left lying on the ground for dead but you know he’s going to come back to life and attack the hero so I’m always screaming “ Cut his head head off, it’s the only way...” . To beat them you need to do the football equivalent of cutting their heads off , like going six nil up with minutes to go. It’s a mentality ( of coming back to win when behind) that only the u18s in our club seem to have.

Paul Tait was pleased with his side's defensive display as Everton Under-18s moved up the Premier League (North) table with a comprehensive 4-1 win over Blackburn today at USM Finch Farm.

After a tightly-contested opening half, the young Blues struck three times in 10 minutes to gain a commanding lead. Tom Cannon hit a double, adding to Bobby Carroll's opening strike. Sean McAllister came on to put the game out of reach for the away side, who grabbed one back in added time through Luke Brennan.

"We defended very well. We knew Blackburn would come here and try to hit us on the counter-attack," Tait told evertonfc.com.

"They had an older side than us, there were a lot of second years playing, so, they could hit us on the counter-attack with pace and power which they had.

"After a bit of a shaky start we came into the game and I think the three goals (at the end of the second half) just killed them off. They were really good goals, pieces of outstanding bits of play and that put us in control."

Everton had to be on their game in the early stages as Blackburn threatened.

The hosts rallied and began to mount some serious pressure. First, Lewis Warrington saw his through ball just creep away from an onrushing Cannon, before Sebastian Quirk stung the palms of Jordan Eastham in the Blackburn goal.

Finally, after several scoring opportunities, Everton went ahead. Seven minutes before the break, Carroll kept up his prolific form, firing home unmarked after Eastham failed to deal with Quirk's teasing cross.

The opener seemed to inspire the young Blues, as Cannon added a double just before the break. Rhys Hughes, the provider for the first, found time and space in the middle, where he was able to play the young forward through, as Cannon nonchalantly placed the ball home.

Just minutes later, he was in the thick of it once again, firing past a hapless Eastham to give the hosts a comfortable 3-0 advantage.

After their late first-half setback, Blackburn responded well. Jack Barrett was called into action, palming away Jared Harlock's well-struck free-kick, before Durrant found some space in the Everton area, but his effort sailed over.

As the game entered the closing stages, substitute Sean McAllister put the icing on the cake. Latching on to Cannon's inch-perfect cross, the victory was sealed for Everton.

An added-time Brennan strike was mere consolation for Blackburn, with Tait praising the performance of centre-back Dylan Thompson.

"I thought the two young centre-backs played the best they have played for us,” said the Under-18s boss. “I am on at Dylan all the time about his defensive plays because he is a smashing footballer, you can see that.

"He is lovely at playing it out from the back but we are always on to him about his defensive duties. His headers, clearances, blocks proved he was the foundation to where we got the win from today."

Everton u23s lost the 1st game in the Premier League Cup to Fulham,This is the 2nd game

EVERTON U23S

Tyrer, Astley, Foulds, Baningime, Feeney (c), Gibson, Adeniran, Onyango, Niasse, Markelo, Charsley.
Subs: Denny, Hansen, John, Simms, Iversen

Plymouth
Cooper, Burdon, Peck, Purrington, Cleal , Moore, Miller, Randell (capt) Clarke, Telford ,Taylor
Subs: Fletcher, Lolos, Jephcott, Mansaray, Townsend (gk)