Everton Youth Teams Thread

Been watching a blurry stream of the England u19s v France u19s with no com and i think Gordon has started lol,France lead 1-0 at ht but been quite a few chances for england

I don’t understand the contract rules for young players. But we sign a highly rated 17yr old for 6mil and give him a 2 yr contract. If that was the max we could give him. We should have had new 4yr deal sorted and put in front of him on his 18th birthday.

Poor from the club again imo

Edit:- that he would have been here 3yrs by the end of this season, but the club still could have given him a longer deal at 18
Not sure we can say it’s poor from the club without any evidence at all that they haven’t done exactly what you’re proposing.

No 6m in all likelihood included adds on, like 1st team appearances etc. No chance of meeting them with Silva in charge.
Hopefully he'll sign new deal when Silva is sacked
There will be a fee back to us from Newcastle if he does leave.
He should be given some time in the first team and that would drive his value up... he probably would not be any worse than what is already there.

I don't think he can complain about his progress at Everton , he is already after getting games pre season in the first team as young as he is. Hopefully he will sign an extension.

There will be a fee back to us from Newcastle if he does leave.
He should be given some time in the first team and that would drive his value up... he probably would not be any worse than what is already there.

I don't think he can complain about his progress at Everton , he is already after getting games pre season in the first team as young as he is. Hopefully he will sign an extension.

He knows unless there's injuries to keane and mina he has no chance of getting in.
Keane can play like a school boy and Silva will still pick him.
Holgate will probably be looking to be going too. I'm not saying Gibson or holgate are great players but it mustnt be too good for their confidence that they know the manager has absolutely zero faith in their ability

So that’s £6m plus development down the drain?
I doubt that, we signed him for£900,000, the £6M figure is for add ons, ie, making the first team in the premier league, international appearances etc, etc. If he hasn’t signed the contract offered it is likely his agent has been offering him around other clubs, he looks like he could be a decent player, even a very good player, very surprised he hasn’t already signed.

Under Marco Silva I personally don’t think any of our young layers will get into the 1st team, as he is very stubborn and will play players like Sniderlain and Siggursson who are totally out of form but keeps playing them.

Chelsea and Arsenal have shown the way this year

He knows unless there's injuries to keane and mina he has no chance of getting in.
Keane can play like a school boy and Silva will still pick him.
Holgate will probably be looking to be going too. I'm not saying Gibson or holgate are great players but it mustnt be too good for their confidence that they know the manager has absolutely zero faith in their ability
Gibson is only eighteen/nineteen and will not get in the Newcastle any easier than he would in the Everton team.
I can understand him wanting to go back home but I don't think career wise he would have done any better than he has at Everton.

Gibson is only eighteen/nineteen and will not get in the Newcastle any easier than he would in the Everton team.
I can understand him wanting to go back home but I don't think career wise he would have done any better than he has at Everton.

Well he sees Newcastle giving chances to a youth product or 2, he sees some of his old u17 world cup winning team mates get 1st team chances and he looks at donkey keane and thinks I might as well move on.

Noticed this in the comments section of a Guardian article. Anyone hear of him?

Sidfishes
I’d put money on 16 year old Everton defender Harry Hagen making a full England International debut before he’s 23.
In fact I have.
If I’m still around to pick the winnings up in 7 years time, I’ll be absolutely delighted!
Going back a year or so Harry Hagan was playing as a centre back along with Dobbin in the England u16, so it was a reasonable expectation that he would feature for our u18 s when the time came. Lately though he hasn’t been picked for England whereas Reece Welch has, and perhaps more telling both Welch and Dylan Thompson have been selected ahead of him for the u18s. But that’s where caution is needed , I know nothing about his circumstances re injury etc, so still plenty of time for him to make his mark.
I don’t bet , but a double on Reece Welch and Ryan Astley playing for their respective countries before they’re 23 would be the one I’d go for !!