Everton Youth Teams Thread

Contract expires in the summer. @Eggs has been suspicious why hes not extended...
Maybe there is some truth in it, but god he mates with the Longstaff brothers and they are in the first team. I’m sure he’s pretty settled on Merseyside, has trained with the first and played in some pre-season games.

Let’s hope is just a little Snag in his contract and nothing more.

I can.

He knows he aint getting games here anytime soon, might as well just go back "home" with his mates.

....never ignore the financial consideration, Gibson will have made a lot of money signing for us, and will make a load again if he makes an out of contract transfer back to Newcastle. Gibson is a player I like a lot, this rumour makes a lot of sense given the lack of communication about a new deal with us.

....never ignore the financial consideration, Gibson will have made a lot of money signing for us, and will make a load again if he makes an out of contract transfer back to Newcastle. Gibson is a player I like a lot, this rumour makes a lot of sense given the lack of communication about a new deal with us.
I don’t understand the contract rules for young players. But we sign a highly rated 17yr old for 6mil and give him a 2 yr contract. If that was the max we could give him. We should have had new 4yr deal sorted and put in front of him on his 18th birthday.

Poor from the club again imo

Edit:- that he would have been here 3yrs by the end of this season, but the club still could have given him a longer deal at 18

I don’t understand the contract rules for young players. But we sign a highly rated 17yr old for 6mil and give him a 2 yr contract. If that was the max we could give him. We should have had new 4yr deal sorted and put in front of him on his 18th birthday.

Poor from the club again imo

Edit:- that he would have been here 3yrs by the end of this season, but the club still could have given him a longer deal at 18

.....the club might well have done exactly that, but he’s refusing to sign. I’d be very surprised and disappointed if there hasn’t been a contract on the table for a while.

Noticed this in the comments section of a Guardian article. Anyone hear of him?

Sidfishes
I’d put money on 16 year old Everton defender Harry Hagen making a full England International debut before he’s 23.
In fact I have.
If I’m still around to pick the winnings up in 7 years time, I’ll be absolutely delighted!

So that’s £6m plus development down the drain?