Everton Youth Teams Thread

The match for the 3rd / 4th place between FC Barcelona and Everton has been canceled. Trainer Victor Valdés refuses to play. The final between PSV O19 and Internazionale O19 will remain at 14.30 hrs.,
Thats what was said 5mins ago,not sure whats happening

Barcelona have history of this sort of thing.

They refused to play in the 2nd leg of the semi final in last years CL too.

WHILE EVERTON ARE TAKING A LIFETIME TO GIVE TEAM NEWS,HERE IS WOLVES

Last edited:

The match for the 3rd / 4th place between FC Barcelona and Everton has been canceled. Trainer Victor Valdés refuses to play. The final between PSV O19 and Internazionale O19 will remain at 14.30 hrs.,
Thats what was said 5mins ago,not sure whats happening

Statement via Google translate

I have made the personal decision as the maximum responsible for my group of players, not to play the game that would decide the 3rd or 4th place in the Otten Cup tournament this morning.
My decision is based solely on safeguarding the health of my young players, we are not satisfied with the organization in terms of rest times between games and matches, today after being eliminated in the semifinals, there has been no room for recovery, just 1 hour between matches, to an unusual wear for their age and for the pre-season stretch in which we find ourselves.
Without further ado, I would like to say that given the high risk of injury to my workforce, or something more serious at the cardiac level that could occur if I did not make this decision, I assume all the guilt and responsibility for what this may have generated.
Let's look more for the players and the show, for the moment, in my opinion, that has not prevailed, but I will always protect mine regardless of the consequences.

Victor Valdes.