Everton Youth Teams Thread

....describes as a ‘classy midfielder’, but some on here will have watched him. Not 18 until next month but promoted to U23s for next season.

Played for Norway at U15s, Stord and Brann in his homeland. His other passion is cross-country skiing. Good scouting network to get him on board.
Iversen was captain of the u18s this season , a 2nd year Scholar , looked a decent player and managed a couple of appearances at U23s level too. Have to say I was more impressed by the younger Bobby Carroll in our u18 midfield , but think we’ll have an exciting U23s midfield next season if we through in Mackenzie Hunt too.

Iversen was captain of the u18s this season , a 2nd year Scholar , looked a decent player and managed a couple of appearances at U23s level too. Have to say I was more impressed by the younger Bobby Carroll in our u18 midfield , but think we’ll have an exciting U23s midfield next season if we through in Mackenzie Hunt too.

...do you know how tall Iversen is?

How many of the U18’s should (by age) be moving up? Ignoring the 3 named by Unsworth. Might give us an idea of who is to be released.
I make it 5 so far have been given contracts. Gordon and Kyle John already announced, Iversen , Simms and Joe Anderson announced as you say. That may be it . Korede Adedoyin is possibly the only other one likely to be included but strange he wasn’t mentioned.
At one time I did think we may keep Michael Collins but he appears to be having a trial elsewhere , and also Elliott Richards, but 5 or 6 moving up is about right.

I make it 5 so far have been given contracts. Gordon and Kyle John already announced, Iversen , Simms and Joe Anderson announced as you say. That may be it . Korede Adedoyin is possibly the only other one likely to be included but strange he wasn’t mentioned.
At one time I did think we may keep Michael Collins but he appears to be having a trial elsewhere , and also Elliott Richards, but 5 or 6 moving up is about right.

Yeh I’m quite surprised Collins didn’t get a deal considering the dearth of actual LB’s in the U23’s now Gibson has moved inside.

I would be shocked if more than 4-5 of that squad ever step foot on a pitch for the first team

Tbf, that many every 2 or 3 seasons would be a great return for the academy.

Well he is focussed on winning, nothing wrong with that in itself and they are quite keen that players develop a “winning mentality” that will stand them well in the future. You could argue that he’s done exceptionally well with an average squad with no significant stars. Equally despite our reputation for bringing through youngsters , if you exclude one off Europa league appearances only Galloway from last nights squad has appeared in a 1st team squad. I may be wrong , but I don’t think we’ve had any new youngster appearing in a PL squad this season or last season either - the usual suspects appeared over two seasons ago or at the start of last season if I remember right.
So I do find it unusual that no new players from a team that have won two trophies have appeared in a PL squad this season. Unsworth or Sliva’s fault I don’t know but certainly a disconnect . I’m not advocating that any of these kids are good enough to displace any of our current squad, just unusual for a club with our reputation not to have had a “new” youngster in a PL squad for a long time.

I think that there is an issue of already having a lot of young players in/around the senior squad already, so there's a bit of a bottle neck. Didn't we already have one of the youngest squads in the prem? Not sure we want to be adding too many even younger players in to it unless they are real stand outs. The role of the academy shouldn't be to produce 4/5 players for the 1st team every year, it should be 1 or 2 per season at most imo, and that's on average.

...do you know how tall Iversen is?
Not sure, but he's a fair bit taller than the old fella presenting his trophy.

Bit more info from the article for ppl who were asking.
Under-18s skipper Iversen, who joined the Blues from Norwegian outfit Stord in 2017, follows in the footsteps of the likes of Tom Davies, Beni Baningime and Ross Barkley, who have previously won the prize.

A classy central midfield player, Iversen’s energy and authority has consistently impressed this season, as he helped the young Blues achieve a third-place finish in the U18 Premier League (North) table.

Just 17 years old, Iversen’s excellent progress at Everton has been recognised at international level, and he already been capped for Norway’s Under-21s. This season also saw Iversen make his debut for David Unsworth’s double-winning Everton Under-23 side.

Yeh I’m quite surprised Collins didn’t get a deal considering the dearth of actual LB’s in the U23’s now Gibson has moved inside.
Yeah, it looks like Foulds and Galloway will move on, discard Garbutt, Robinson and Connolly possibly move on or loan but U23s no good for them , so a gap at LB . Joe Anderson has played LB a lot at u18s as well as CB so he’s an option.

....I suppose they make contractual decisions on players ability rather than the positions they play. The strategy of buying promising young talent is working very well, so I imagine they will bring in a LB.

....I suppose they make contractual decisions on players ability rather than the positions they play. The strategy of buying promising young talent is working very well, so I imagine they will bring in a LB.

Yeh I know that haha I was more meaning he’s an empty position but also looked good every time I’ve seen him.